EEvansBristol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

11.4 Issue with ZCC not reading OUs in eDirectory

All of a sudden Zenworks won't read into some of the OUs in our eDirectory. Attempting to browse the folder from within Zenworks generates a "Failed to set the current folder" error which refers you to check zcc.log for the full stack trace... ZCC just says objectdeletedexception, however, the object still exists in eDirectory...

Impeding resolution to this is the fact that last month the CA expired and had to be reminted, so I am unable to drop the usersource and re-create it until zenworks is satisfied that the remint update has been deployed to all devices. That is moving at a glaciers pace, even though I've set all of the un-updated devices to ignore.

It seems like if I had a mechanism for zenworks to just re-up with the directory everything would be fine. It still reads some of the OUs...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: 11.4 Issue with ZCC not reading OUs in eDirectory

if it reads any, then it is more if an issue in your back-end eDirectory side.
Most likely the eDir Server configured for ZCM does not hold a complete copy of your tree, and eDir is having "chaining" issues.

For Best Performance, it is recommended to use a full replica server but would work anyway.
But I would not try and do much with my replication setup until various eDirectory health checks were performed to determine why the eDirectory Server ZCM is using cannot read those containers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.