schiess Absent Member.
Absent Member.

2017 Progress Window

We have some bundles that run on refresh and are not in the application window. I updated to ZENworks 2017 and noticed that if I don't have the bundle in the application window, I cannot see any information in the progress window. I then add the bundle to the application window and when I perform a refresh, the installation progress shows up in the progress window, however, I noticed it does not show the step it is executing. Is this the way the progress window works now? Is there any way to have the progress window work the way it did in ZENworks 11.4.2? I prefer the progress window showing the steps so if it errors out, I know which action it errors on.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: 2017 Progress Window

Hello,

Are there any error/warning or interesting log messages occurring around the time of the progress window in <username>.zapp.log or zmd-messages.log?

I'd probably recommend an SR if possible.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

strj500;2461735 wrote:
Hello,

Are there any error/warning or interesting log messages occurring around the time of the progress window in <username>.zapp.log or zmd-messages.log?

I'd probably recommend an SR if possible.

Note: Just tested in ZCM 2017 Update 1....And I do see Status Notification even when the bundle is not assigned to appear in the NAL/ZAPP window or any other location.
I would recommend updating to Update 1 and re-testing. ZAPP work was one of the primary focuses of Update 1.
0 Likes
schiess Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I updated ZENworks to 2017 Update 1 and I am still getting the same issue. Normally, our bundles are not assigned to the application window. After the update, I ran the same bundle with the Progress Window open and nothing showed up. I went into ZCM and added the bundle to the Application window. When I refreshed to run the bundle, the progress now shows up in the Progress window, however, it still doesn't show what step is being applied. I guess it will be a minor change if I have to add all the bundles to the Application Window. We mainly only use the progress window for troubleshooting so we can see which action the bundle errors on.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.