jrhodes1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

2017 update 3 Client blacked out

Hi

Recently we have been having some problems with our Zenworks client, when you double click on it to bring up the applications window where you can install bundles assigned to the machine all we get is a large blank black box, I seem to be able to click things in the box but obviously I cannot see what I am clicking plus nothing seems to happen, this has only happened since we recently upgraded to 2017 update 3, we have seen this on several machines now (all windows 10) but I have only had to use this function a couple of time recently so a lot more machines could be affected.

Has anyone else seen this problem and fixed it? At the moment the only fix I have found (not tried too much to be honest) is to uninstall the client and reinstall it.

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: 2017 update 3 Client blacked out

AFAIK, this has not been reported as an issue.
Probably best to open an SR.

My guess is some file mismatch somewhere...but not really sure what....

Try using Agent Verify...…..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0o0Vj0WvLmrSXpJdmQ2akNIM0U (Something I wrote...)

Take a Baseline on a Good 2017 Update 3 Agent.
Run the Check on the bad...….

Look for File Mismatches.....
Report back what you find....
See if fixing the mismatch by copying the files from the good to bad machine helps....

jrhodes;2487104 wrote:
Hi

Recently we have been having some problems with our Zenworks client, when you double click on it to bring up the applications window where you can install bundles assigned to the machine all we get is a large blank black box, I seem to be able to click things in the box but obviously I cannot see what I am clicking plus nothing seems to happen, this has only happened since we recently upgraded to 2017 update 3, we have seen this on several machines now (all windows 10) but I have only had to use this function a couple of time recently so a lot more machines could be affected.

Has anyone else seen this problem and fixed it? At the moment the only fix I have found (not tried too much to be honest) is to uninstall the client and reinstall it.

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

John
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for the help as soon as I can get hold of one of the machines I know has the problem I will let you know how I get on.

Our staff really don’t want to let us have their laptops for testing and none of our spares have to problem which is just typical.

Thanks,

John
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi John,

Have you tried killing ZAPP and launching it from Programs ZENworks Application or command line using zapp-launcher ?
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi John,

I got to know that there is an issue with node-webkit, which is being used by ZAPP. The same is being discussed here.

As per this, ZAPP should work post updating display driver.
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi John,

I happened to see a similar issue at a different customer zone. The problem went away after copying "libEGL.dll", "libGLESv2.dll" files manually from a working device.

You may want to try & let us know if any of the listed solutions worked !!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.

Hi

I finally managed to pry a machine with the fault out of the hands of one of our staff and do the comparison there where a lot of missing files in the ZEUSCACHE and there where about 12 mismatched files (in several folders) and once these where copied over from a working machine it started working again, the "libEGL.dll", "libGLESv2.dll" files where in the list of mismatched files.

I will try to find another machine with the fault and just copy over them 2 dll files and see what happens, however this might take some time as I need to find another machine with the problem.

Thanks for the help,

John
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: There does appear to be an issue with those DLLs in some cases.

ZAPP is built upon Google Chromium.
It appears that Google has been updating those DLLs but not incrementing the version.
As a result, Windows Installer is viewing those files as unchanged and not updating them.

Research is being done to see if Google has corrected their versioning issue or what steps can be taken to work-around the Google DLL Versioning Bug....
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi John,

Glad to know that you were able to find the files that are different.
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Craig,

You are right. That was my observation too.

The version of these dlls remain as "2.1.0.0", in spite of these files getting updated in 2017 U2 & U3. I am trying a solution "like force re-install" that should deploy the latest product version files until we get a fix from vendor.
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Info: This issue is being tracked as defect @ 1108724
0 Likes
Contributor.. lis Contributor..
Contributor..

Had the same problem with one WS. Replaced the "libEGL.dll", "libGLESv2.dll" with one from working device - reboot - black screen gone.

Thanks 😮
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Glad to know that this solution worked for you. IN case if you have more devices with this problem, you could create a bundle to copy these files automatically.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi

Sorry for late reply (I really thought I had replied already) I managed to find another machine with the problem and yeah just copying them 2 dll’s seems to fix it just got to figure out a way of deploying it, tried a bundle but it did not like copying the files whilst the client was running on the machine (had the same problem when doing it manually) so I think it might have to be some kind of script that ends the client process before it copy’s the files.

Thanks for all the help.

John
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The "Install File" action should replace the files just fine....but a reboot would be required since they are locked...……

If you don't want to reboot, then yes you would need to kill the Zapp Processes....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.