NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

AD user source contact to different ip

Hi!
Tried to add another user source (AD) and I see in firewall logs that ZCM server tries to contact to totally different ip? Our is (described in user source) as 193.40.x.x, but ZCM server tries 172.21.x.x/636. Probably I missed something!? When I try to ping AD server by name, ZCM server show correct IP 193.40.x.x, I have set this correct ip also via host-file.
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: AD user source contact to different ip

NovAlf;2041417 wrote:
Hi!
Tried to add another user source (AD) and I see in firewall logs that ZCM server tries to contact to totally different ip? Our is (described in user source) as 193.40.x.x, but ZCM server tries 172.21.x.x/636. Probably I missed something!? When I try to ping AD server by name, ZCM server show correct IP 193.40.x.x, I have set this correct ip also via host-file.
More thanks, Alar.

Does running command "host 193.40.x.x" on the ZCM server give the correct output for your AD FQDN?

Thomas
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

And what IS 193.40.x.x?
Is it a proxy perhaps? Maybe something is redirecting requests?

On 11/4/2010 3:36 PM, thsundel wrote:
>
> NovAlf;2041417 Wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Tried to add another user source (AD) and I see in firewall logs that
>> ZCM server tries to contact to totally different ip? Our is (described
>> in user source) as 193.40.x.x, but ZCM server tries 172.21.x.x/636.
>> Probably I missed something!? When I try to ping AD server by name, ZCM
>> server show correct IP 193.40.x.x, I have set this correct ip also via
>> host-file.
>> More thanks, Alar.

>
> Does running command "host 193.40.x.x" on the ZCM server give the
> correct output for your AD FQDN?
>
> Thomas
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Should be Windows 2003 DC, but it is outside our firewall and out of my reach. Tried also another 193.40.x.x machine which should be a Windows 2008 RC2, same. Probably I missed something, but ... what?
Ahjaa, forgot -- on my machine (Windows XP Pro) I tried approaching this 193.40.x.x with LDP utility (from W2K3 CD) and ... can browse LDAP tree ok! My machine is behind same fw as ZCM server.
ZCM is at 10.3.1 level on SLES 11.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, seems to me it return correct FQDN. Can't understand why it does point to some 172.x.x.x!
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Btw., interesting is that during initial user source setup it does connect correct host, but as far I try to add context (browse AD) ... 172.17.x.x is contacted.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Got it work, my mistake. Even I didn't touch directly ssl-settings etc. (user manual suggest to restart services after that) ... just did restart ZCM services on server and now seems to OK!
Thanks!
Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf;2042307 wrote:
Hi!
Got it work, my mistake. Even I didn't touch directly ssl-settings etc. (user manual suggest to restart services after that) ... just did restart ZCM services on server and now seems to OK!
Thanks!
Alar.

Glad you got it working 🙂

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.