NovAlf
Visitor.

ActionMan.CachedItemError

Hi!
Well, as I got my hands over ZCM after a while, so, starting to create bundles. Tried to create bundle for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Why I mention Adobe Reader? Well, not sure, but till then created for Flash – ok, Flash Plugin – ok, Skype – ok, Oracle Java (32/64) – ok, our Estonian ID card soft (also via msi) – ok, but ... failed with Adobe Acrobat Reader. About bundle. Nothing special. Uploaded msi, added parameters and ... fire! Nothing happen. Dug into logs and finally got some info (btw. – no error appear via ZCC, not associated with bundle neither with device) and ...
[DEBUG] [06/08/2015 16:19:05.929] [1064] [ZenworksWindowsService] [69] [] [ContentManager] [] [ContentManager: DistributeMultipleContent received exception during DistributeContent. There is an error in cached information for id 6ce313dd0fb94cc8bd31c8b58780f7c9 that is preventing content retrieval] [] [] [] [ZENworks Agent]
[DEBUG] [06/08/2015 16:19:05.929] [1064] [ZenworksWindowsService] [69] [] [DistributionHandler] [] [(Thread=69) Failed to distribute item: There is an error in cached information for id 69 The content is not yet available to download.] [] [] [] [ZENworks Agent]
[DEBUG] [06/08/2015 16:19:05.929] [1064] [ZenworksWindowsService] [69] [] [ActionManager] [] [Action handler Distribute Action finished processing with error: ActionMan.CachedItemError.] [] [] [] [ZENworks Agent]
Odd is that exactly same bundle failing on another server (not connected to first one on which I testing). Well, not sure error is same, though. ("Exactly same" meaning I created it manually based on first one on another server.)
Cleared cache – same, restarted device – same.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
NovAlf
Visitor.

Re: ActionMan.CachedItemError

Forgot – still ZCM 11.3.2. Agent version 11.3.2.47407
Alar.
PS! Cache-folder is ... veeery protected.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you verified that the content is available on the servers (bundle->setting->primary server replication)?

Thomas
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi and thanks!
It does show "Available". How is best way to check is it downloaded to device?
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Mh. Well, same problem with Foxit Reader Enterprise (msi) bundle I just created for deploying. Maybe some msi size problems? Adobe DC is about 60 mega and Foxit over 100 mega. Can't be, but ... only thought I have right now. Via Adaptive Agent properties on device (Windows 7 64-bit, btw.) I see Adobe action stuck at 30% and Foxit at 33%, both seems to on msi (Install MSI). Weird. Something I'm doing wrong!? As I mentioned, with Adobe I tried on another separate server and same happen.
Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Ahjaa, now I see for Acrobat Reader DC error in ZCC – "There is an error in cached information for id Adobe Acrobat Reader DC setup The content is not yet available to download.". It takes some time to appear there.
Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Found this old thread ... (no solution there) ...
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/469322-Error-The-content-is-not-yet-available-to-download
Agent Properties still show same ... 50% and 33%. Stuck.
Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Btw. I see both msi'is in device cache directory. So, probably some Agent issue.
Stopped agent service, deleted cache dir ... same – 50 and 33 percent and stuck.
Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi again!
Well, this leads me to another strange thing connected to this case. Usually – if I recall correctly – I could get access to local device cache dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\cache\) using admin-accounts wo any problems. Now I noticed that ... I can't. Some mess with this dir ownership as I discovered. As soon I disabled using bundles described here (using "large" msi's) this problem disappear and I could get access to cache dir as usual.
I did run these msi's from network share (using credentials vault).
Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf;2396624 wrote:
Hi again!
Well, this leads me to another strange thing connected to this case. Usually – if I recall correctly – I could get access to local device cache dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\cache\) using admin-accounts wo any problems. Now I noticed that ... I can't. Some mess with this dir ownership as I discovered. As soon I disabled using bundles described here (using "large" msi's) this problem disappear and I could get access to cache dir as usual.
I did run these msi's from network share (using credentials vault).
Alar.

Have you tried a new "fresh" imaged device? Are you using ncp to access these msi's on the network share or are you in an Windows environment?

Thomas
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi and thanks, Thomas!
Sorry, this last line I wrote "I did run these msi's from network share (using credentials vault)." was as workaround (Install Network MSI) for now and did accomplish as expected, I mean OK – programs installed on device. Problem I described is connected with regular msi setup (Install MSI) from local cache (msi's uploaded to repo).
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi!
Well, this seems to connected to thread https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/492865-Cache-dir-path-not-included-in-MSI-install.
I tried same Adobe Acrobat Reader DC setup except removing msi parameters and ... it did well from local cache as usually during msi install action. So, something wrong with generating msi-based installation command etc., hard for me to say.
Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.