MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Adding agent to mobile laptops

We would like to add the zenworks 11.4.3 agent to around 150 of our laptops. We would not want to have these laptops login to a user source, as the authentication would slow the connection down. Is there some sort of "Lite" agent we could install on these laptops so that we could only push down software to the computer source?
Hope this makes sense.

Darren
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding agent to mobile laptops

Moffatd,

just register those laptops in a folder where the agent is set to have "User Management" disabled
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_sys_adaptive_agent/data/bebfp0v.html

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment easy

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can even set it on the devices themselves....folder is the easiest way from a management point....but it is possible to disable the user management spoke at the device level as well as the zone level.

shaunpond;2444570 wrote:
Moffatd,

just register those laptops in a folder where the agent is set to have "User Management" disabled
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_sys_adaptive_agent/data/bebfp0v.html

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment easy
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

CRAIGDWILSON;2444592 wrote:
You can even set it on the devices themselves....folder is the easiest way from a management point....but it is possible to disable the user management spoke at the device level as well as the zone level.

Thank you very much. I didn't know it was possible
I appreciate the help!

Darren
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Steve, would you mind walking me through the process of disabling user management on the device itself? Is there a setting in the agent properties?

Darren
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I'm sorry. I meant Craig, not Steve

Darren
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moffatd,

in ZCC, navigate to the device, choose settings, device management,
ZENworks agent, click "override", then in Agent Features, click the
"disabled" radio button next to "User Management", and click "OK" at
the bottom of the page

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.