moment, the only sure way is a low-level format of the disk, or install
on another machine...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
michael_light Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adminstudio v9 Trial license expired

We are also seeing this problem. Would be good to get a solution that doesn't involve a low level format.
0 Likes
michael_light Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've just been told that if you do a quick zero (the first 60 sectors) of the hard disk it works also. Which is a little quicker obviously than a full zero.
0 Likes
mschroet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

michael_light;1829448 wrote:
I've just been told that if you do a quick zero (the first 60 sectors) of the hard disk it works also. Which is a little quicker obviously than a full zero.

any news on this? we experience the same problem. but we can't low-level our admin computers
0 Likes
ittoyota Absent Member.
Absent Member.

luminous00;1802661 wrote:
I'll install and launch AdminStudio 9.0 (the iso I downloaded and installed was the AdminStudio90a which was the revised version) and it says the Trial license has expired, so I click on 'Own' and type in my serial and hit verify, and it says it was verified and then I click on Launch Application and it disappears. If you check the running processes it looks like the license manager is trying to run and check the license, but just doesn't do anything. When I checked my InstallShield.log it looked exactly like the one a few posts back.

Hi,

ok, it is not the best way, but I gave the low level a try. It works!
If you use a development PC this schould not be a big deal.

Kind Regards

Frank
0 Likes
BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A few month passed - anything new about AdminStudio Licensing?

I have a customer who got the same issue "Trial license has expired" on his main development PC.

On a different PC AdminStudio is running.

Thanks Klaus
0 Likes
kronosone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone have a answer, this is happening on both my PC's too.... I don't have the luxury of low level formatting !!

Andy
0 Likes
kronosone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone, please ? Low level format is not a great way to fix this !

Andy
0 Likes
kronosone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bump... Anyone ?
0 Likes
joebrug Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I'm also having this problem, just installed AdminStudio 9.0.. tried to launch it, said Trial License expired.. so I put my code in that I got from novell customer center, it said "verified" then I click Launch App and nothing happens. Launch Adminstudio again, said trial license expired... anything???

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
jspr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Why isn't there a solution for this problem since May 2009? Has someone tried to create a ticket for this?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

SR is open with Novell. But I am only on customer site one day a week - so it takes a while.
0 Likes
Highlighted
joebrug Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Any update?

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
srumap Absent Member.
Absent Member.

joebrug;1923087 wrote:
Any update?

Hi folks,
I have exactly the same problem:
- i have dowloaded 9a version of AdmStud. , installed on the fresh new PC ( just restored WINXP clean image without any staff, like codecs, office application , just WinXP only + drivers )
- after launching AdminStudio - the Try license expired warning appears and when I enter a apropriate Serial Number we have got from Novell Cust.center , LAUNCH APPLICATION button is enabled, but when I click on it - NOTHING IS HAPPENED. ( - Admin Studio window disappears of course.....)
- 4 days ago I have raised ticked in NOVELL, becasue , I'm very angry . THIS PROBLEM APEARS more than HALF year ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have ZCM couple of months only and last 2 weeks I spent on downloading , PC imaging or reinstalling and Low level Formatting . Thanks a lot for such bloody think.

Pavel
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I solved my problem by upgrading to

AdminStudio 9.5 ZENworks Edition

But before I uninstalled the old version (not sure if every step is required):
- Uninstalled AdminStudio 9.0
- Searched and removed Harddisk for left-overs from AdminStudio
- Searched and removed Harddisk for left-overs from Flexnet
- Searched and removed Harddisk for left-overs from Macrovision
- Searched and removed Registry for left-overs from AdminStudio
- Searched and removed Registry for left-overs from Flexnet (had to take over ownership)
- Searched and removed Registry for left-overs from Macrovision
- Intalled AdminStudio 9.5 ZENworks Edition
- licensed during first launch of AdminStudio
- connected to ZENworks Server
- allowed passing the Proxy by typing in the Proxy user and PW (no Updates available)
- disabled automatic Updates under Options

Everything is operational - except that with every launch of AdminStudio it tries to contact the Internet even if all updates are disabled.

Klaus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.