seth_turner_04 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2087 views

Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

It went fine on 32 bit Windows XP, but it is not working on our Windows 7 64bit machines. It runs the 64 bit script,stops the services but doesn't install the msi files. The %zenworks_home% variable points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks. Do I have to do something special to make this patch install on 64bit Windows 7?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

The following is the Script I use for x64 bit machines.

==========================================
net stop "Novell Identity Store"
net stop "Novell ZENworks Agent Service"

TASKKILL /F /IM ZenUserDaemon.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM ZenNotifyIcon.exe

mkdir msi-logs
msiexec /i novell-zenworks-assetmanagementmodule-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-assetmanagementmodule-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-bundle-11.0.0.49705.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-bundle-11.0.0.49705.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-gp-policyhandlers-11.0.0.49621.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-gp-policyhandlers-11.0.0.49621.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-inventory-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-inventory-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-patch-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-patch-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-patch-management-agent-11.0.0.51.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-patch-management-agent-11.0.0.51.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-policy-11.0.0.49050.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-policy-11.0.0.49050.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-remotemanagement-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-remotemanagement-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-uninstall-11.0.0.49081.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-uninstall-11.0.0.49081.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-windows-desktop-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-windows-desktop-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-content-distribution-point-11.0.0.43422.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-content-distribution-point-11.0.0.43422.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-primary-agent-11.0.0.50271.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-primary-agent-11.0.0.50271.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-system-update-11.0.0.43422.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-system-update-11.0.0.43422.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-usermanagement-11.0.0.43720.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-usermanagement-11.0.0.43720.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-zencore-agent-11.0.0.46793.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-zencore-agent-11.0.0.46793.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-actions-11.0.0.49704.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-actions-11.0.0.49704.msi.log /qn


setup.exe /s /V"/qn INSTALLDIR=\"%ZENWORKS_HOME%\esm\"
STRBR=ReallySuppress /L*v upglog.txt"
shutdown -r -t 1200 -c "Rebooting in 20 minutes, please save your work"





On 8/25/2011 1:46 PM, seth turner 04 wrote:
>
> It went fine on 32 bit Windows XP, but it is not working on our Windows
> 7 64bit machines. It runs the 64 bit script,stops the services but
> doesn't install the msi files. The %zenworks_home% variable points to
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks. Do I have to do something
> special to make this patch install on 64bit Windows 7?
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
seth_turner_04 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

This is the same script that I am using except that I left the 2 minute restart timer.

craig_wilson;2131902 wrote:
The following is the Script I use for x64 bit machines.

==========================================
net stop "Novell Identity Store"
net stop "Novell ZENworks Agent Service"

TASKKILL /F /IM ZenUserDaemon.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM ZenNotifyIcon.exe

mkdir msi-logs
msiexec /i novell-zenworks-assetmanagementmodule-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-assetmanagementmodule-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-bundle-11.0.0.49705.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-bundle-11.0.0.49705.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-gp-policyhandlers-11.0.0.49621.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-gp-policyhandlers-11.0.0.49621.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-inventory-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-inventory-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-patch-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-patch-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-patch-management-agent-11.0.0.51.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-patch-management-agent-11.0.0.51.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-policy-11.0.0.49050.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-policy-11.0.0.49050.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-remotemanagement-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-remotemanagement-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-uninstall-11.0.0.49081.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-uninstall-11.0.0.49081.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-windows-desktop-11.0.0.42794.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-windows-desktop-11.0.0.42794.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-content-distribution-point-11.0.0.43422.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-content-distribution-point-11.0.0.43422.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-primary-agent-11.0.0.50271.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-primary-agent-11.0.0.50271.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-system-update-11.0.0.43422.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-system-update-11.0.0.43422.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-usermanagement-11.0.0.43720.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-usermanagement-11.0.0.43720.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-zencore-agent-11.0.0.46793.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-zencore-agent-11.0.0.46793.msi.log /qn

msiexec /i novell-zenworks-actions-11.0.0.49704.msi
TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 /lvx
msi-logs\novell-zenworks-actions-11.0.0.49704.msi.log /qn


setup.exe /s /V"/qn INSTALLDIR=\"%ZENWORKS_HOME%\esm\"
STRBR=ReallySuppress /L*v upglog.txt"
shutdown -r -t 1200 -c "Rebooting in 20 minutes, please save your work"





On 8/25/2011 1:46 PM, seth turner 04 wrote:
>
> It went fine on 32 bit Windows XP, but it is not working on our Windows
> 7 64bit machines. It runs the 64 bit script,stops the services but
> doesn't install the msi files. The %zenworks_home% variable points to
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks. Do I have to do something
> special to make this patch install on 64bit Windows 7?
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

Seth,

just follow the instructions carefully... they've been tested (by me)!
Are you using the sample bundles? If so, what's the variable
%ZENWORKS_TARGETDIR% set to?

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
seth_turner_04 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

On 64 bit Windows 7, %ZENWORKS_HOME% takes me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks. I set the %ZENWORKS_TARGETDIR% variable to C:\Program Files (x86). When I run the script, it starts executing the commands until the reboot in 2 minutes message pops up. The computer reboots and when I check the agent properties, it shows the following versions...

Bundle Management = 11.0.0.40588
Image Management = 11.0.0.38897
Inventory Management = 11.0.0.40407
Policy Management = 11.0.0.39203
Remote Management = 11.0.0.37147
User Management = 11.0.0.41084

With 32 bit XP, I did not set the %ZENWORKS_TARGETDIR% directory because as I understood, you did not have to if ZCM was installed in the default directory. That installation goes just fine and the version numbers show up afterwards as...

Bundle Management = 11.0.0.42794
Image Management = 11.0.0.38897
Inventory Management = 11.0.0.42794
Policy Management = 11.0.0.39203
Remote Management = 11.0.0.42794
User Management = 11.0.0.43720
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

Make sure you are elevating your Rights.
Even being the literal administrator is not sufficient.
You need to select the "Run as Administrator" option.
Otherwise your rights are not raised in most cases.
Make sure you get a UAC prompt during the process.

On 9/2/2011 10:16 AM, seth turner 04 wrote:
>
> On 64 bit Windows 7, %ZENWORKS_HOME% takes me to C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Novell\ZENworks. I set the %ZENWORKS_TARGETDIR% variable to
> C:\Program Files (x86). When I run the script, it starts executing the
> commands until the reboot in 2 minutes message pops up. The computer
> reboots and when I check the agent properties, it shows the following
> versions...
>
> Bundle Management = 11.0.0.40588
> Image Management = 11.0.0.38897
> Inventory Management = 11.0.0.40407
> Policy Management = 11.0.0.39203
> Remote Management = 11.0.0.37147
> User Management = 11.0.0.41084
>
> With 32 bit XP, I did not set the %ZENWORKS_TARGETDIR% directory
> because as I understood, you did not have to if ZCM was installed in the
> default directory. That installation goes just fine and the version
> numbers show up afterwards as...
>
> Bundle Management = 11.0.0.42794
> Image Management = 11.0.0.38897
> Inventory Management = 11.0.0.42794
> Policy Management = 11.0.0.39203
> Remote Management = 11.0.0.42794
> User Management = 11.0.0.43720
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

Seth,

are you running the batch file, the supplied bundles, or your own? If
you are running you own, then no, you don't need the env variable set,
provided you supply the value yourself...


--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
seth_turner_04 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

I got some of the features to update after I ran with elevated privileges. Should all of the versions have changed or is this correct for the 64 bit script?

Here are the steps I took.
1) Extracted patch and copied the NEW ZESM and NEW MSI files to the same directory as the scripts.
2) Copied the folder to C:\
3) Ran the 64 bit script with "Run as Administrator" option
4) Rebooted and checked version numbers.


Here is what the agent properties now show.

Bundle Management 11.0.0.42794 (from 11.0.0.40588)
Image Management 11.0.0.38897 (stayed the same)
Inventory Management 11.0.0.40407 (stayed the same)
Policy Management 11.0.0.39203 (stayed the same)
Remote Management 11.0.0.42794 (from 11.0.0.37147)
User Management 11.0.0.43720 (from 11.0.0.41084)
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Patch 2a won't install on Win7 64bit

Seth,

> Inventory Management 11.0.0.40407 (stayed the same)


that should be 11.0.0.42794 - the others are correct

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.