Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Agent Update completed with errors

I have been pushing out the 11.4.2 agent to a number of workstations. There have been many workstations that report the following error after the push out. "An unexpected error occurred during the install process on the device. Check the system-update.log on the device for details"
I have looked at the system-update log file, but I cannot see anything that stands out.
Has anyone had this particular error before, and if so, can they point me in the right direction on how to resolve the issue? I can post the log file here if needed. It's quite large.

Thanks

Darren Moffatt
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Agent Update completed with errors

You may want to look at "InstalledMSIs.txt" in the ZENINFO.
Look to see if any component did not upgrade.
(Note: It is not uncommon to see an MSI listed TWICE...Old and New Value...That is a perfectly normal beast..)
Only if the newer version is missing would I worry.

You can also redeploy the Update from the ZCC to the device.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I apologize for the dumb question, but where exactly in ZENINFO do I find the InstalledMSIs.txt file, or more to the point, I'm not familiar with Zeninfo.

Darren
0 Likes
strj500 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

You run " zac zeninfo " to create a collection of log files in a zip file.

Inside the zeninfo zip once extracted, there's a systemInfo folder inside, you'll hae the InstalledMsis.txt in there.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thank you. I will look at the log file for help.

Darren
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.