Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Agent issues

We recently upgraded our servers and agents to 17.4. We have had a few agent issues. Users try clicking on the ZEN bundles on their desktops, and nothing opens. The fix I found was to uninstall the CASA token, then reboot. Problem solved.

I didn't think twice about it, but then more and more computers started having the issue. It's not widespread by any means, but I was just curious if anyone else has encountered this issue. We tried at first re-registering the agent to the server, and that fixed it for a week or so, then the problem would re-occur. Uninstalling the token seems to have fixed it

Darren

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Agent issues

I have neither heard of that issue nor can I even grasp how that issue could be the case.
Clearly messing with Casa could break User Authentication, which could prevent policies or other stuff.
However, for the life if me I can't see how they are related....
Which precise MSI(s) are you uninstalling and repairing?
Why did you decide to pick those MSIs to fiddle with?

Are you able to Create Service Requests?

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Agent issues

One of my techs was in the process of uninstalling the agent, then reinstalling it to fix the issue, when he noted there is the Novell CASA Authentication Token Client in ADD-REMOVE programs and he uninstalled it. He said it fixed the issue. The token is reinstalled after reboot. He really just stumbled upon this fix. We aren't sure if it's a permanent fix, but so far it seems to be working. Usually we just unregister, then re-register the agent to fix these issues, or use a zac -retr.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.