Established Member.. bishop182
Established Member..

Application icon tooltip

Is there a way to disable the tooltip that pops up when you hover the mouse over an icon in the ZENworks application launcher?

I have had several users complain that the tooltip ends up staying on top when applications launch and gets in the way.
I have not been able to produce this phenomenon at will, but I have seen it happen myself several times.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Application icon tooltip

"Fixing" the Stuck Tooltip is not likely any time soon, since the issue is more in Chromium itself, which ZAPP is built upon.....

However, Disabling the Tooltip is a Feature Coming to a World Near you Soon.

If you open an SR and reference Defect#1116255, they can get you an FTF for ZCM 2017 Update 3 that creates an option to disable those popups.
This is expected to be introduced as feature in ZCM 2017 Update 4 FRU1 ( This is the next update AFTER Update 4...which will likely ship in the next couple weeks.)
0 Likes
cycotron14
New Member.

I've updated to ZCM 2017 Update 4 FRU1 but I can't find this option, do you know where it is?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Looks like there is still a ticket open to get the Docs updated.

You need to set the following registry key....

Add a new Registry Key "ShowTooltips" which can be created atHKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\ZCM\ZAPP  If this is set to false, tooltips will not appear in zapp.  If this is set to anything other than false, tooltips will appear in zapp

0 Likes
cycotron14
New Member.

Thanks Craig, by set to false to you mean a DWORD set to 0 ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I took the quote direct from the bug.....Looks like it would be a sting value.

I must admit that we are not always as consistent between DWORD and STRING for our Registry Values as we could be.

0 Likes
xvastx Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

"I must admit that we are not always as consistent between DWORD and STRING for our Registry Values as we could be."

If it makes you feel any better, I think that goes for all of us in every part of IT, from education to small business to billion-dollar global corporations . 😛
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.