jvmorrell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BSOD Lenovo Yogas

HI

Having issues during registration on building these using ENGL and 11.3 client.

Every time they BSOD with a 0x0000007E Error

I have the Crash reports do you think it would be best to log a call with Novell.

Might try building without ZENworks and see if the problem still persists...

Regards

john
Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BSOD Lenovo Yogas

jvmorrell;2316726 wrote:
HI

Having issues during registration on building these using ENGL and 11.3 client.

Every time they BSOD with a 0x0000007E Error

I have the Crash reports do you think it would be best to log a call with Novell.

Might try building without ZENworks and see if the problem still persists...

Regards

john

We have ten of these machines. I just imaged them last week with my universal image. Worked like a charm so you may wanna definitely check drivers unless its an issue with 11.3. We Still use 11.2 but image with 11.3.

Not very much info given here on the issue. Have you tried on more than one. Just in case a hardware issue like mem. Also try installing the client without it connected to the network so it doesnt register. See if it still BSODs. May be a driver issue so make sure you are fully updated. Also sometime the driver updates from microsoft are wrong and cause errors. I am using the drivers from the manu website.

Let me know what you try and if any of these work. Also what OS.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

thank's for reply mark, your right not much info.. will expand

We have 100's of these and the new batch has just stopped imaging.

Old Yogas when I say old, they are the same spec wise??

I have tried them on both 11.2 and 11.3. I'm just imaging them without ZCM on to see if it is that. If it is at least I can log a call and pass over the dump files for novell to look at. Though we are intending to use these very soon. Next week to be precise.

OS is windows 7 32bit, drivers are provided by ENGL so from the Lenovo web site.

Slowly whittling away till I find what is the cause
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jvmorrell,

and what's the BSOD message?

--

Shaun Pond (now working for ENGL)
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well we got our three weeks ago and all is well.

The new batch in you said is not imaging. I'm guessing you mean during the imaging process. When it errors what code is it throwing.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

It doesn't point to anything just BSOD with the following

0x0000008e(0xC00000005,0x0000000000,0xaf2438c0,0x000000000)

It happens on phase 2 of the ENGL process while the ZCM agent is registering

I've split the install as to test the two separate.

Os/drivers install fine and ZCM agent installs fine after that.

Any ideas what to try.

Disable any thing in the Bios?
0 Likes
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I do not use ENGL for driver deployement and didn't even know what ENGL was until these forums so unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue.

Couple Questions:
How long does it take for ENGL to run after a reimage?
I am guessing you sysprep your images? (I know nothing about ENGL but it sounds like something messing up between the two possibly while installing drivers and registering zen at the same time)

Here is a test to try. You may not want to though:
You said this used to work on the older but same spec and model machines. Try reimaging one of those the exact same way when it worked which I am guessing is how you are trying it on the new machines now.
Let me know if it fails now too or is working.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

mark7508;2317189 wrote:
I do not use ENGL for driver deployement and didn't even know what ENGL was until these forums so unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue.

Couple Questions:
How long does it take for ENGL to run after a reimage?
I am guessing you sysprep your images? (I know nothing about ENGL but it sounds like something messing up between the two possibly while installing drivers and registering zen at the same time)

Here is a test to try. You may not want to though:
You said this used to work on the older but same spec and model machines. Try reimaging one of those the exact same way when it worked which I am guessing is how you are trying it on the new machines now.
Let me know if it fails now too or is working.

good test and I have indeed tried that, the old machines work perfectly not a problem at all. I've tried a whole host of ways forward with this. Each time resulting in a 0x00000008e error.
ENGL is a module deployment, so each section is split into its own section.

OS install, driver install, zcm install, Add to ad, install bundles
it is more powerful than that but at least its the ground to what is happening in my environment

I tried updating the, OS latest patches, drivers to latest version, zcm to latest.

I'm going to try an older version of ZCM client and see if that works..

I don't think it worked with 11.2.4 mu1 but I'll give it a try.

The new machines are also at the latest bios release, so I'm not sure whether I can try rolling back to a previous version
0 Likes
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jvmorrell;2317253 wrote:
good test and I have indeed tried that, the old machines work perfectly not a problem at all. I've tried a whole host of ways forward with this. Each time resulting in a 0x00000008e error.
ENGL is a module deployment, so each section is split into its own section.

OS install, driver install, zcm install, Add to ad, install bundles
it is more powerful than that but at least its the ground to what is happening in my environment

I tried updating the, OS latest patches, drivers to latest version, zcm to latest.

I'm going to try an older version of ZCM client and see if that works..

I don't think it worked with 11.2.4 mu1 but I'll give it a try.

The new machines are also at the latest bios release, so I'm not sure whether I can try rolling back to a previous version

Yes you can backdate the bios. But there may be a option to allow that in the bios. Most likely off by default if there is one.

So just to be clear do do not use zenimaging to deploy os just ENGL. I was confused thinking you used zen to image and ENGL to deploy drivers, etc. I am in a whole different boat if you use ENGL to image. I use zen for everything. No auto logins needed. It images, then installs drivers and adds to the domain all during sysprep to avoid more downtime from autologins and deploying ZEN since I just put zen in the image.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mark7508,

our Imaging Toolkit process uses the same ZCM imaging, but we add some
extra code to the initrd - it doesn't affect the images coming down
though.

--

Shaun Pond (now working for ENGL)
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Going to look at backdating the bios, thought would indeed be handy..

mark7508;2317328 wrote:
Yes you can backdate the bios. But there may be a option to allow that in the bios. Most likely off by default if there is one.

So just to be clear do do not use zenimaging to deploy os just ENGL. I was confused thinking you used zen to image and ENGL to deploy drivers, etc. I am in a whole different boat if you use ENGL to image. I use zen for everything. No auto logins needed. It images, then installs drivers and adds to the domain all during sysprep to avoid more downtime from autologins and deploying ZEN since I just put zen in the image.
0 Likes
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jvmorrell;2317683 wrote:
Going to look at backdating the bios, thought would indeed be handy..

Hope that works. Fingers crossed
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.