stelgenkamp Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Best Practice Windows 10 and Roaming Profile

Does anyone like to share their best practices for Windows 10 and roaming profiles ?

I have problems profiles loosing their Start Menu / Search / Action Centre
Loosing Default App Settings
Breaking the entire profiles.

Hypothese : could it be that Windows 10 needs to individually upgrade each profile ?
If so ; How can one upgrade the profile manually ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Best Practice Windows 10 and Roaming Profile

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1956057-windows-10-roaming-profiles-and-start-menu

stelgenkamp;2463732 wrote:
Does anyone like to share their best practices for Windows 10 and roaming profiles ?

I have problems profiles loosing their Start Menu / Search / Action Centre
Loosing Default App Settings
Breaking the entire profiles.

Hypothese : could it be that Windows 10 needs to individually upgrade each profile ?
If so ; How can one upgrade the profile manually ?
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Bumping this thread again :

How are you handling Default app settings in combination with roaming profiles ?

Situation

Set Default App settings => Logout => Login => All Default App settings back to Windows Default ( ie Edge )

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I can try and write up something for managing File Associations on Windows.

File Associations are not actually part of the Roaming Profile nor would it really be possible to make them roam for quite a large number of technical reasons.

However, it would be possible to control them via ZCM.

Super Contributor.

Dear Craig,

That would be great. I have done a lot of indept reading. With creating an XML file, which you can set in GPO. 

However this only seems to apply for new user profiles. Any help is appreciated !

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.