daniel_99_1999 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bulk Import Asset Data

Hi,

This may be a simple one for those more experienced with the asset management side of things than me... but here's the scenario.

I've created some custom fields for things like Purchase Date, Warranty Expiry Date etc

I've got all these details in spreadsheets, and can match against an object with a unique value (serial number). Is there any way to bulk import this information in to ZENWorks? Or maybe script it to inject the data straight into the SQL DB?

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bulk Import Asset Data

Daniel,

this kind of thing? https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_am_administration/data/bmilxhi.html

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment easy

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel,

or https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_am_administration/data/bmrvh6p.html perhaps?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks Shaun, that's along the right lines, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I'm talking in reference to inventory data held about machines, rather than software products. (sorry, should have made that clearer in my original post)

Daniel
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel,

so Asset Inventory rather than Asset Management then - since Asset
Management in ZCM is a specific thing... 🙂 Not sure about that one -
there are options to import from a collection data form, or from LDAP,
but I've not tried those...

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Ah, yes I suppose it is a slightly different beast - always a grey area for me, as they're all "assets".

I'll have a play, but I think I'm going to end up doing an injection straight into the SQL db (with appropriate backups of course)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-16eYuuapMr0/U5oVUSrGHPI/AAAAAAAAJBM/Tsbzv-HVgXU/s1600/smiley-crossing-fingers.png

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Daniel -

If you're still playing around with this, I'll try to watch this space and be of any assistance I can think of. Been a while since I worked direct data integrations into the database, but I have more up-to-date schema documentation that I've had in hand in a number of years so I feel better prepared.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.