NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Bundle SysReqs - comparing File Version fail on WX

Hi!
ZCM 11.4.3 and Windows 10 Pro.
I have a bundle where sysreqs include comparing file version, actually (for try when interested) powershell.exe. Tried back and forth … anyway, found out that when exe is owned by “NT Service\TrustedInstaller“ as it is by default then file version is not recognized on Windows 10. On Windows 7 is owner also TrustedInstaller, but there is no problem. In ZEN Agent debug log I can’t spot exact file version value compared or tried to (if ever). Unfortunately I don’t have at hand ZCM 2017.1 to try same on, maybe something within ZCM, not sure. Well, it’s not so big problem, plenty ways to around that, but … interesting, though.
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundle SysReqs - comparing File Version fail on WX

NovAlf,

I see that when I try it - might be worth an SR?

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again on this subject, over a while!
Well, now I’m at ZCM 17.2 and … already forgot about this thread, but same problem here now with comparing explorer.exe version from SysDir.
Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf;2482419 wrote:
Hi again on this subject, over a while!
Well, now I’m at ZCM 17.2 and … already forgot about this thread, but same problem here now with comparing explorer.exe version from SysDir.
Alar.

I think we ran into the same issue, reported it, it should be fixed in the upcoming update 3: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7022424

Thomas
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thank You!
Well, probably nothing we can do but wait!
Terv, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.