adrenaline_nz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bundle Verify restarts computer

Hi,

I'm seeing an interesting issue when verifying an MSI bundle.

I'm seeing this with at least 3 MSI's a GroupWise 7 installa Word 2003 install and a GroupWise messenger MSI install I created.

All MSI's have a launch executable attached to them.

For example I double click the GroupWise messenger icon in the ZENworks Window, it downloads and installs. Messenger starts up and prompts for a username and password, all good so far.

With Messenger open I then verify the bundle, after verifying and then opening Messenger the computer restarts. If messenger is closed and not running in the system tray it does not reboot. No errors are displayed.

The same happens with GroupWise and Word bundles. With GroupWise I see a message saying that the workstation needs to shutdown with a counter of 45 secs remaining.

Removing the launch executable does not stop the restart from happening.
Adding /norestart to the MSI does not help.

I did not see this before the upgrade to 10.1.2

Can anyone verify that they have the same issue?

I'll get logs and errors tomorrow when I'm in the office.

Thanks

Nathan
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
eliul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundle Verify restarts computer

adrenaline_nz;1702269 wrote:
Hi,

I'm seeing an interesting issue when verifying an MSI bundle.

I'm seeing this with at least 3 MSI's a GroupWise 7 installa Word 2003 install and a GroupWise messenger MSI install I created.

All MSI's have a launch executable attached to them.

For example I double click the GroupWise messenger icon in the ZENworks Window, it downloads and installs. Messenger starts up and prompts for a username and password, all good so far.

With Messenger open I then verify the bundle, after verifying and then opening Messenger the computer restarts. If messenger is closed and not running in the system tray it does not reboot. No errors are displayed.

The same happens with GroupWise and Word bundles. With GroupWise I see a message saying that the workstation needs to shutdown with a counter of 45 secs remaining.

Removing the launch executable does not stop the restart from happening.
Adding /norestart to the MSI does not help.

I did not see this before the upgrade to 10.1.2

Can anyone verify that they have the same issue?

I'll get logs and errors tomorrow when I'm in the office.

Thanks

Nathan

Hi Nathan!
Yes, we have seen the same anoying restart on verify of Office2003, eg the Word/Excel/PP-icon. We're running 10.1.1 and what worse is, is that after a reboot the Zencache is empty, there is no files just the directory structure, and that fact do the Verify and uninstall issues very unreliable. The Zencache matter we have a case at Novell, but the strange is that no one in this forum has noticed it. I have posted it under signatur Zaq in this forum.

/Zaq
0 Likes
frigge Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the same problem.
With Sony Ericsson PC Suite.
When i verify the application the pc restarts. Even if i have norestart.
Can somebody from Novell do something about this.

We are running 10.1.2 version of Zenworks.

/Fredrik
0 Likes
frigge Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can somebody from novell look into this problem.
All msi bundles restarts the computer when you launch verify.

This did not happen before the 10.1.2 update!
0 Likes
hsingh25 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have similar issue when where the application will get re-install on its own.
0 Likes
Highlighted
hsingh25 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have similar issue when where the application will get re-install on its own
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.