gerwil1478
New Member.

Bundle install then remove icon

Hi all
Situation :I want to get the user to install CutePDF at their leisure. Of course once installed there is no need to have the icon in the launcher window.
Solution : Set a filter for 'Registry Key Exist' to test the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices\CutePDF Writer". I've set this to 'No' and the Icon is present.
Problem: After installation and several refreshes the icon is still there!!!

Bug perhaps

Cheers
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
bills302 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundle install then remove icon

Are you using an install action or a launch action? Make sure nothing is in Launch actions and also make sure the "Install once per Device" is checked for all the install actions you have. I just tested this on my system and the icon went away right after the install was done. Hope this helps. Bill
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Thanks for the reply

Install actions (3 actions) only, no launch actions, with "Install once per Device" selected for each action (not sure if "Install once per device" is counted for all install actions though). Had the "Uninstalled" enabled so disabled that, published new version, still there.
Verifyed the bundle, refresh - still there.
Removed registry filter - still there.
Reboot - still there.
:mad:

Going home now and sleep on it......
Cheers
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try another more simplier registry key,
There must be a TYPO or something why it's not working.
You can check the bundle system requirements from the client to see if it fail or pass taht one. Also the ZMD-messages.log in debug mode can tell you what it is definitly checking!

GERWIL;2120995 wrote:
Thanks for the reply

Install actions (3 actions) only, no launch actions, with "Install once per Device" selected for each action (not sure if "Install once per device" is counted for all install actions though). Had the "Uninstalled" enabled so disabled that, published new version, still there.
Verifyed the bundle, refresh - still there.
Removed registry filter - still there.
Reboot - still there.
:mad:

Going home now and sleep on it......
Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.