MoffattD Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Bundle to open network directory.

Jump to solution

I am trying to create a bundle that, when clicking on the desktop icon, opens a networked directory. In the bundle, I am using the "launch exe". The command I'm using is explorer.exe. I'm using the working directory as \\server\share, When I try opening the bundle, it does not open the directory. It just launches the explorer.exe.

I've tried both Working Directory, and Command line parameters, but neither worked. The permissions to the share are gained from Active Directory.

I know this should be simple, but I can't figure it out.

Darren

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Bundle to open network directory.

Jump to solution

The attached pic works for me....Not sure if actually setting a working folder caused issues.

Another option is using a script action that runs a simple batch file such as: start \\mypath\myfolder

The Command Window should be invisible.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The attached pic works for me....Not sure if actually setting a working folder caused issues.

Another option is using a script action that runs a simple batch file such as: start \\mypath\myfolder

The Command Window should be invisible.

0 Likes
MoffattD Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Craig

the batch file did the trick. Much appreciated

Darren

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.