JoeH82 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bundles assigned to AD OUs that contain users and groups

Hey All.

This is more of a general question and not problem.

To help understand this question here is how this is setup:

User2 is in my AD OU Department2. User2 belongs to an AD group that is in the Department1 OU.

Through ZCM I assigned a Bundle to the AD OU Department1 under Users > Department1. When I log in as User2, the bundle that is assigned to Department1 doesn't show up, which is what I want.

I am trying to figure out, for auditing reasons, when you assign a bundle to an AD OU like Department1, why does it not automatically flow through to the groups in that OU?

I have bundles that are assigned to AD groups that work great. Also, my Configuration > User Source Settings > Active Directory Settings > Top-level groups and the nested group depth level upto = 4.

Zenworks server version is 11.2.3.0 running Server 2008
Clients are version 11.2.3a running Windows 7 x64

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

-Joe H.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Bundles assigned to AD OUs that contain users and groups

Simply put, it is not designed to work that way.
Nor does this have anything to do with Nesting.
Nesting is Group San_Franciscan is a Member of Californian is a Member of American is a Member of Human_Race.

If you assign an App for "Human Race" but the user is only a member of "San Franciscan" would the user get the assignment.
In this case YES, because it will search 4 level deep down from "Human_Race" and see the user is a member of Human Race via inheritance.
It has nothing to do with OUs.

JoeH82;2395225 wrote:
Hey All.
I am trying to figure out, for auditing reasons, when you assign a bundle to an AD OU like Department1, why does it not automatically flow through to the groups in that OU?
-Joe H.
0 Likes
JoeH82 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundles assigned to AD OUs that contain users and groups

Thanks for your response Craig.

I understand the group nesting and assigning apps to nested groups part as I use it frequently. I added the nesting level part in cause I wasn't sure if it was relevant to my question.

I just needed confirmation that this is how ZCM was designed so my IT security auditor would get off my back.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.