Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mike_the_tech_g Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bundles failing giving not cached error.

Ok here's the issue. I'm creating bundles using AdminStudio 9.5 - no probs, bundle is created and then uploaded into ZCM 10.3 - no probs. When i assign this for distribution to a device it fails and i get a 'Information for id (this shows the ID of the bundle) has not been cached message on the logs. I can't really see why this is happening - again this seems to be an issue i've got now with 10.3 that i didnt have with 10.2.2 - any ideas where to look to resolve this? Running SCM 10.3 on Server 2008 SP2. thanks in advance.
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundles failing giving not cached error.

mike,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmmm, I had a similar problem on my zcm 10.3. But there i was getting that error while í'm not had a bundle that has content. So he expected content that wasn't there. But for me it was one bundle that gives me the problem. I don't know if it's on every bundle with your situation????

try create a new bundle with the same content and look if that one is working. (give it another name).
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi there, it just seems very hit and miss, i have tried doing another bundle with same contecnt using a differnet name and doesnt seem to make any odd's, i've also tried loading content from a differnet location and still the same - this will sometimes work, but certainley doesnt more than it does - it's very odd! Mike.
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Maybe you can open an SR.
0 Likes
brianrbenson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is a duplicate thread as there is another one about the same issue, I am also having this problem.

So far this has only happened to me with an MSI bundle that is uploaded into the server.

This is from trying to distribute the groupwise 8.0.1 client MSI

Failed to process action: Information for id b6d5527f07d744a3ab5c64be8e7f5c40 has not been cached.

Touchstone Technology Network Consulting Engineer www.touchstonetech.com
0 Likes
brianrbenson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK... I came in this morning and it's working. I had checked the content-repo last night and it said available. Is there something that the server has to do before these bundles can be deployed? How can I check?

Touchstone Technology Network Consulting Engineer www.touchstonetech.com
0 Likes
Absent Member.

You know what i think this is just a time issue - sometimes it seems to take ages to cache the content's of a bundle. I've taken the approach of creating the bundle and then not looking at distributiing it for a couple of hours or so(depending on size etc) and it seems to be working a lot better - anyone else seen this, basically looks like it can be rather slow to cache sometimes? Hopefully that is all it is as i can live with that! 🙂 Cheers, Mike.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.