fwille Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bundles in StartMenu

Hey there,

When deploying my Bundles, they do not show up in the Startmenu of WinXP.SP3, I am migrating from ZenWorks 7.
Bundles which are to be installed automatically do so correctly, so the distribution is working somehow.
What I miss is the ApplicationFolderObject which I had under Applications in ConsoleOne, where I had predefined my StartMenu structure. I do have that structure shown in the overview of a bundle as ZenWorks Explorer Folder Path, so it got migrated somehow. When opening the Zenworks Explorer on a Client Applications/Bundles are also not shown, it seems to be empty.

THX in advance for any ideas

wille
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
schoonbeek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundles in StartMenu

Hi fwille,
for each bundle under summary/general at "ZENworks Explorer Folder Path: (Edit)" you must define your menu structure. For example "/Software/Adobe/ReaderX".

Good luck.

schoonbeek
0 Likes
fwille Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I do have that kinf of structure defined but bundles won't show up neither in NALWIN nor in Startmenu. Some Bundles are inherited from Workations Folder others from the User. I also tried binding them directly to a testworkation which also doesn't work...
0 Likes
fwille Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok, I've build a new folder with workstations and bundles attached to it, they work fine.

in my existing structure which I migrated from zenworks 7 still nothing works, no desktop shortcuts, no startmenu entries. I've looked through my Agent log file an stumble accros the following, after refreshing thew agent or logging into windows:

[DEBUG] [03/18/2011 11:21:47.602] [1952] [ZenworksWindowsService] [8] [] [ContentManager] [] [metadataUpdatedNeeded = False] [] []
[DEBUG] [03/18/2011 11:21:54.773] [1952] [ZenworksWindowsService] [8] [] [ContentManager] [] [metadataUpdatedNeeded = False] [] []
[DEBUG] [03/18/2011 11:21:56.592] [1952] [ZenworksWindowsService] [8] [Wille] [RefreshMgr] [] [(Thread=8; SessionId=248908; RefreshType=GeneralRefresh) Handler AppModule threw an exception
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
Stack Trace:
bei Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppItemManager.AppItemList.AddAppItem(Session session, AppData data, Assignment() assignments, IService service, Boolean isAssignedToDevice)
bei Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppItemManager.AddDeviceItemsToTempHolder(Session session)
bei Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppRefreshHandler.EndGeneralRefresh(Session session)
bei Novell.Zenworks.AssignmentManager.BaseItemRefreshHandler.ProcessGeneralRefresh(Session session, String refreshType, RefreshResults results, CustomRefreshData refreshData)
bei Novell.Zenworks.AssignmentManager.BaseItemRefreshHandler.Refresh(Session session, RefreshContext context, RefreshResults results)
bei Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Refresh.RefreshManager.NotifyRefreshHandlers(Session session, RefreshContext context, RefreshSummary summary, RefreshHandlerInfo() handlers)

] [] []

for me this means something is wrong with one/some of my migrated bundles, but what and which (there are 200 of them).
anyone an idea?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.