bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C:\USERS\DAU* profiles

After deploying 11.3.2 agent, most of my workstations are getting C:\USERS\DAU* profiles created and not deleted. I know this was an issue with 11.2.4 MU1 that required a .DLL to be deployed (which I did). But this issue seems to have returned after having deployed the 11.3.2 agent.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: C:\USERS\DAU* profiles

bkeadle;2392890 wrote:
After deploying 11.3.2 agent, most of my workstations are getting C:\USERS\DAU* profiles created and not deleted. I know this was an issue with 11.2.4 MU1 that required a .DLL to be deployed (which I did). But this issue seems to have returned after having deployed the 11.3.2 agent.

These should cleanup on reboot.
There are not any known issues where these do not go away.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have over 140 workstations that show these (recent) profiles, and have been rebooted.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

CRAIGDWILSON;2392912 wrote:
These should cleanup on reboot.
There are not any known issues where these do not go away.

Same thing here. Every machine we have has leftover "DAU" profiles.
So far doesn't seem to hurt anything, but it's not cleaning it up like it should.

We're mostly on 11.3.2 now
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good to know I'm not alone.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have opened an SR and is in Backline support. Hopefully we can get this issue resolved.

On thing noted is to verify that the Set roaming profile path for all users logging onto this computer Group Policy setting is not in place. In my case, it was not.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It would seem that the C:\USERS\DAU* profile directories were left over from a previous version of the agent. It was noted that the recent C:\USERS\DAU* profiles are expected (by bundles using Dynamic Administrator to launch) until the workstation is rebooted.

However, it would seem that the DAU profile cleanup process ignores any DAU* folders that have an extension, (which could be the name of the domain or the workstation, e.g. C:\USERS\DAU0-4196.BKEADLE-IS1001 ). These remnant directories have to be manually deleted.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.