NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Cache-dir path not included in MSI install

Hi!
Well, once again something with MSI install not getting properly formed. ZCM 11.2.3. Trying to accomplish bundle for Google Chrome setup. MSI not big one (some 45 mega), why not to upload and run from local cache. Done. But ... does not install. Checking cache – MSI is there as should. Took a look for log and ... well ... in Chrome MSI setup log I see at once "Running installation inside multi-package transaction C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\bin\GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.43.0.2357.130.msi
MSI (s) (9C:04)". Yes, MSI file name is long, but shouldn't make any problems. As You see before msi file in this command line is missing cache-dir path! Line should be something ... "Running installation inside multi-package transaction C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\9f229ac2-f691-4cdd-adfc-a8c278ea981e\GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.43.0.2357.130.msi". Did check in ZCM Agent log, yes, it was tried to run wo cache-dir, just as "/i GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.43.0.2357.130.msi". Tried later this long cache-path included run manually and ... ok. So, long naming shouldn't be a problem.
Any ideas? Well, probably I must change bundle and point to ... network location, but, anyway, why this happen?
More thanks, Alar.
PS! Tried in two zones (on different servers).
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cache-dir path not included in MSI install

Odd. I created a chrome bundle just the other day.. But I did mine as a
regular install. Copy down to a temp location and fire off msiexec.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
I had in mind same approach, but first I tried to shorter msi name – instead of "googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.43.0.2357.130.msi" I'd use "googlechrome64.43.0.2357.130.msi" and ... it did work ok. Mh.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Well, seems to more complicated (not just about msi-file name), but, yes, something with fitting parameters etc. for msi install.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

I was so wrong. No-no, there seems to be some problem with msi install (see thread I pointed above), but this time with "googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.43.0.2357.130.msi" was different. I uploaded file named as I wrote, but in MsiExec parameters section I had "GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.43.0.2357.130.msi". Some letters capitalized. It shouldn't (I suppose) mean here anything, but ... truth is it does. And, as file (downloaded into cache) wasn't recognized ... cache-path wasn't added to ZENworks home path.
Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.