anthonyhamlet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can ZCM sync VMWare vCenter hosts inventory?

I'm looking to use ZCM to automatically track and keep inventory of more of my IT environment. Has anyone attempted or know of a way to have the inventory of vCenter to be synced with ZCM inventory? If a vm already has the zcm agent on it, it will show up in ZCM, but I would like to also track the other VM's without the ZCM agent as well by using vCenter's inventory too.

If this seems crazy I'll move along and skip this idea. Just seemed like an opportunity to improve the usefulness of our ZCM inventory.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can ZCM sync VMWare vCenter hosts inventory?

anthonyhamlet;2322916 wrote:
I'm looking to use ZCM to automatically track and keep inventory of more of my IT environment. Has anyone attempted or know of a way to have the inventory of vCenter to be synced with ZCM inventory? If a vm already has the zcm agent on it, it will show up in ZCM, but I would like to also track the other VM's without the ZCM agent as well by using vCenter's inventory too.

If this seems crazy I'll move along and skip this idea. Just seemed like an opportunity to improve the usefulness of our ZCM inventory.

Well there is a ZCM inventory-only agent if you don't want to have the complete zenworks agents on these machines, see sysreq here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/zen11_system_requirements/data/zen11_system_requirements.html

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.