corymcmahon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't Login After Zen Agent 10.3 Upgrade on Workstations

orangoutang, thank you for posting your fix! That is exactly the fix I needed.
0 Likes
frankscharpenac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

has anyong test the new patch 10.3.1 ? Im frightened of doing this .... 😉

Groupwise 2014R2 - ZCM 11.4.1
0 Likes
animalafa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

frankscharpenack;2005267 wrote:
has anyong test the new patch 10.3.1 ? Im frightened of doing this .... 😉

I've upgraded the primary servers to 10.3.1 and that seems OK.
I'm testing the workstation client and have so far found that after updating I'm getting the ZCM login box on clients using Windows login.
To resolve this I've had to extract the files out of the PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe and then run the authtokenclient.msi and select the repair option. This is OK in testing but is not practical in a working environment. Try and automate the client install and then run the msi afterwards as part of one job to see what I mean.
If the clients have the Edirectory Novell client installed then this fix doesn't work.
I am debating whether to open a service call, but at the moment I've still got another problem ongoing and it has been for weeks. Apparently they're short staffed and have loads of people on holiday.
Personally, I'd say update the Zenworks servers but leave the clients alone.
0 Likes
JSmid6 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well we had a Novell Support technician log in and fix it and it took them a few hours because they couldnt figure out what was wrong. It is fixed now but it was too late, because when it took them a long time they decided to go ahead and reimage all the computers with zcm and roll them back to Zen 7 and leave one lab to test on.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

JSmid6;2007371 wrote:
Well we had a Novell Support technician log in and fix it and it took them a few hours because they couldnt figure out what was wrong. It is fixed now but it was too late, because when it took them a long time they decided to go ahead and reimage all the computers with zcm and roll them back to Zen 7 and leave one lab to test on.

PITA about the roll back... but I am curious what was causing the issue with 10.3.1 login? .or was it 10.3.0?

-Willem
0 Likes
kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did the tech rebuild your agent deployment packages? It sounds like that was the cause, which has happened to us twice during upgrades.

I agree, total bummer that you had to rollback to Zen 7 from a progressive standpoint.
0 Likes
donasutton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The issue still remains on 10.3.0A clients on WIN7 X64. I just upgraded from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a now none of my WIN7 64 bit clients can login.

I have to ask. Did anyone whom upgraded to 10.3.0 have this work for them out of the box?(without mod to your deployment or rebuild of your deployment packages) I have a handful of x64 clients whom now have been reverted to 10.2.2 .

If not, seriously, how did this get missed in QC?

I wanted to push to 10.3.1 but i've found that breaks imaging on Linux SO im holding off until this issue is resolved in 10.3.0 .

Don
0 Likes
kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

donasutton;2007994 wrote:
The issue still remains on 10.3.0A clients on WIN7 X64. I just upgraded from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a now none of my WIN7 64 bit clients can login.

I have to ask. Did anyone whom upgraded to 10.3.0 have this work for them out of the box?(without mod to your deployment or rebuild of your deployment packages) I have a handful of x64 clients whom now have been reverted to 10.2.2 .

If not, seriously, how did this get missed in QC?

I wanted to push to 10.3.1 but i've found that breaks imaging on Linux SO im holding off until this issue is resolved in 10.3.0 .

Personally my upgrade from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a did not work out of the box.

I was sure to do testing with 10.3.1 before deploying it.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

so, we have opdate the server from 10.3.0a to 10.3.1 --> no Problems

i have update one Workstatition from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 --> i have this Problems:

the update don't work in one step --> first update to 10.3.0a --> reboot --> same error (look Thread first post)

then update from 10.3.01 to 10.3.1 --> reboot --> same error (look Thread first post)

This patch don't work fine for me ......

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

frankscharpenack;2008821 wrote:
so, we have opdate the server from 10.3.0a to 10.3.1 --> no Problems

i have update one Workstatition from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 --> i have this Problems:

the update don't work in one step --> first update to 10.3.0a --> reboot --> same error (look Thread first post)

then update from 10.3.01 to 10.3.1 --> reboot --> same error (look Thread first post)

This patch don't work fine for me ......

Have you read through this thread and seen possible issues/solutions?

Like Gareth's post?

Gareth wrote:
...It seems that our problem is now resolved. The user source was fine as I didn't need to touch it; likewise, the closest server rules were also fine.

The problem seems to lie with the server upgrade and the %ZENWORKS_HOME%\share\tomcat\webapps\CasaAuthToken Svc folder. I actually stopped all of the the ZEN services on the server, deleted the tmp file from the CasaAuthTokenSvc folder, then restarted. Upon loading up, the tmp file was recreated, and suddenly our 10.3a clients could log in.

It seems that if you have more than 1 ZEN server in your environment, you can do this on any of the servers and all of them will then start to work correctly. I actually tried this on our secondary ZEN server which is used primarily for imaging, and the primary one started working as well.

I hope this makes sense to you, and hope that those of you with similar problems will find this post useful.

And...

animalafa wrote:
When installing the 10.3.1 agent on a workstation with the 10.3 agent (don't know about other versions as we are all up to 10.3) when the authtokenclient.msi is called and run it deletes the file Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.dll from the C:\Windows\assembly directory but doesn't then replace it with another version.
The authtokenclient.msi then needs to be run after the install has finished, selecting repair, to replace the file.
If the PC is rebooted without the authtokenclient.msi being run then the ZCM authentication fails (as you'd expect with no Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.dll).

There are also other steps mentioned like rebuilding the deployment packages...

Hope that helps,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

No, this fix not my problem ...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.