Highlighted
frankscharpenac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't connect to ZCM after Upgrade from 10.2.2 to 10.3a

Saturday we upgrade Zenworks from 10.2.2 to 10.3.a - ther Serverupgrade work fine, but the Client who get the Update to ZCM Client 10.3 can't connect to ZCM. After Novell Login the Zenworkslogin prompt and i can't logging with User & pass - i get the messages :

"Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect."

Workstation only work, and i can see the workstation ist in use:

Eigenschaften von ZENworks Adaptive Agent
Eigenschaft Wert
Geräteadresse: xxxxxxxxx
Gerätename: xxxx-Pentium 4
Gerätestatus: Verwaltet
Letzter Kontakt mit Server: 19.04.2010 09:47:54
Nächster Kontakt mit Server: 19.04.2010 21:47:40
Primärbenutzer: Nicht verfügbar
ZENworks Adaptive Agent-Version: 10.3.0.27649

Older Workstation with 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 Client work fine and conect to the 10.3 ZCM Server. I stopped the upgrade to the other Workstations ....

We have
- ZCM 10.3.a on a Windows 2003 64bit SP2
- Windows XP Clients with SP3
- Novell Client 4.91 SP5

I test to delete the Zen Cache Folder and rereg the machine but its not work.
At the moment i have open a SR ....

Groupwise 2014R2 - ZCM 11.4.1
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
orangoutang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't connect to ZCM after Upgrade from 10.2.2 to 10.3a

Hi frankscharpenack,

That sounds like the same problem I have. The 10.2.2 agent works perfectly, but the 10.3a agent experiences an "Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect". This seems to happen regardless of OS, as I've tested it on Windows 7 and XP.

I'm working on this problem at the moment and I'll let you know if I come accross a solution.

Gareth.
0 Likes
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We've had this same exact problem since going from ZCM 10.2.2 to 10.3 (we've since applied the schema update). We're at wits end, and will soon be blowing it all away and likely starting from scratch.

frankscharpenack;1963710 wrote:
Saturday we upgrade Zenworks from 10.2.2 to 10.3.a - ther Serverupgrade work fine, but the Client who get the Update to ZCM Client 10.3 can't connect to ZCM. After Novell Login the Zenworkslogin prompt and i can't logging with User & pass - i get the messages :

"Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect."

Workstation only work, and i can see the workstation ist in use:

Eigenschaften von ZENworks Adaptive Agent
Eigenschaft Wert
Geräteadresse: xxxxxxxxx
Gerätename: xxxx-Pentium 4
Gerätestatus: Verwaltet
Letzter Kontakt mit Server: 19.04.2010 09:47:54
Nächster Kontakt mit Server: 19.04.2010 21:47:40
Primärbenutzer: Nicht verfügbar
ZENworks Adaptive Agent-Version: 10.3.0.27649

Older Workstation with 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 Client work fine and conect to the 10.3 ZCM Server. I stopped the upgrade to the other Workstations ....

We have
- ZCM 10.3.a on a Windows 2003 64bit SP2
- Windows XP Clients with SP3
- Novell Client 4.91 SP5

I test to delete the Zen Cache Folder and rereg the machine but its not work.
At the moment i have open a SR ....
0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you checked the workstations system update log to make sure all the components successfully updated? It almost sounds like CASA might be broken on the workstation.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you run ZDC for 10.3 on your primary server (see: ZENworks Diagnostics Center | Novell User Communities) does the file verifier report indicate any missing files? In our case, we're basically missing everything in the following directories:

C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\webapps\CasaAuthTokenSvc\
C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\webapps\zenworks-unmaninv\

I have no clue how we can fix something like that without re-installing.
0 Likes
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If it's of any help, I posted our solution to a similar problem here: http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-server-install/408106-broken-10-3-more-information.html

Good luck!

placlair;1963920 wrote:
If you run ZDC for 10.3 on your primary server (see: ZENworks Diagnostics Center | Novell User Communities) does the file verifier report indicate any missing files? In our case, we're basically missing everything in the following directories:

C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\webapps\CasaAuthTokenSvc\
C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\webapps\zenworks-unmaninv\

I have no clue how we can fix something like that without re-installing.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

The problem seems to lie with the server upgrade and the %ZENWORKS_HOME%\share\tomcat\webapps\CasaAuthTokenSvc folder. Although according to the ZEN diagnostic tool wasn't missing any files, I decided to stop all of the the ZEN services on the server, delete the tmp file from the CasaAuthTokenSvc folder (just the tmp file), then restart. Upon loading up, the tmp file was recreated, and suddenly our 10.3a clients could log in.

It seems that if you have more than 1 ZEN server in your environment, you can do this on any of the servers and all of them will then start to work correctly. I actually tried this on our secondary ZEN server which is used primarily for imaging, and agents also registered to the primary one started working as well.

I hope this makes sense to you, and hope that those of you with similar problems will find this post useful.

Thanks again,
Gareth.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Sorry, scratch that last post.

Just installed some more 10.3 agents and they won't allow me to login. But the original ones are still working. I've had just about enough of ZEN and might recommend we find an alternative product. One that isn't constantly in beta testing.

Thanks anyway,
Gareth
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.