motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2322 views

Cannot register asset to the zone

I continue to get an error code: -21 could not determine device type OS.

I get this when I goto a command prompt and type zac register https://192.168.1.251

I type in the right username and password, but it's not working and gives this error back.

How else can I get this asset registered?


ZENworks Adaptive Agent Version: 10.3.1.34138
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

Motc7,

is this really an asset-management issue? If it's just about
registering an agent, isn't it a ZCM problem? If it's Windows 7 SP1,
have you applied the server-side fix for this
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=2Wgh0yxLITo~ ?

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

spond;2114888 wrote:
Motc7,

is this really an asset-management issue? If it's just about
registering an agent, isn't it a ZCM problem? If it's Windows 7 SP1,
have you applied the server-side fix for this
NOVELL: Downloads - ZCM 10.3.1 Combined patch for Zone performance degrades (see TID 7006967), Allow Windows 7 SP1 device to register (see TID 7007952), ZCC bundle status takes a long time to display (see TID 7006325) ?

--

Shaun Pond


Thanks for responding. why does the site tell me I am not authorized to download this item?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

Motc7,

are you able to download other ZCM patches? If not, it would appear
your account is not set up correctly; there's a link on the page that
takes you to folks who can help

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

spond;2115236 wrote:
Motc7,

are you able to download other ZCM patches? If not, it would appear
your account is not set up correctly; there's a link on the page that
takes you to folks who can help

--

Shaun Pond


I got an email that said that I have access now.

However, on the 10.3.x update, according to the release notes, it addresses issues with Windows 7 SP1 asset registration. So really, i could just download the latest and greatest from within Configuration Site and apply it to server and stations right?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

Motc7,

> it
> addresses issues with Windows 7 SP1 asset registration
>


yes, that's what I asked in my first response
> If it's Windows 7 SP1,
> have you applied the server-side fix for this
>

if it's not, what is it?

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

spond;2115796 wrote:
Motc7,

> it
> addresses issues with Windows 7 SP1 asset registration
>


yes, that's what I asked in my first response
> If it's Windows 7 SP1,
> have you applied the server-side fix for this
>

if it's not, what is it?

--

Shaun Pond


so install latest, problem solved then? Not trying to be daft.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

Motc7,

What I am saying is: If it's Win7 SP1 or W2K8 SP1 that you can't
register, then you need a patch which you can find at
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=ORlJOXQPUmU~
if it's /not/ one of thise scenarios, then you have a different
problem, and we'd need to look into that, but I didn't want to waste
time if we already had a fix...

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot register asset to the zone

spond;2116957 wrote:
Motc7,

What I am saying is: If it's Win7 SP1 or W2K8 SP1 that you can't
register, then you need a patch which you can find at
NOVELL: Downloads - ZCM 10.3.1 Combined patch for Zone performance degrades (see TID 7006967), Allow Windows 7 SP1 device to register (see TID 7007952), ZCC bundle status takes a long time to display (see TID 7006325)
if it's /not/ one of thise scenarios, then you have a different
problem, and we'd need to look into that, but I didn't want to waste
time if we already had a fix...

--

Shaun Pond


o.k. thanks for responding. Now just trying to get the login info for the Sybase db utility and I'll let you know the rest. I do need to apply that patch.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.