akeaveney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing ZCM IP addresses (moving location)

Hi

We have 2 ZCM Primary Servers (10.3.0), one separate database Server (embedded sybase) and finally one reporting Server (all are SLES10).

We are moving location and need to change the 2nd octet of the IP address.

Is there a complete guide somewhere on how to do this? I have seen bits of documentation, but have read others having problems from this.

I am just worried about users being unable to login to get their policies the next working day after the changes have been made and wonder if anyone has done this task before.

Many thanks in advance,
Anthony
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Changing ZCM IP addresses (moving location)

0 Likes
Highlighted
akeaveney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2253577 wrote:
Akeaveney,

Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 SP2 Disaster Recovery Reference - Changing the IP Address or DNS Name of Primary Servers
any help?

--

Shaun Pond

Thanks Shaun, I wasn't sure if this was ZCM 11 specific and it was different for our 10.3 version.

If the database is on a separate Linux Server, does just changing the IP within Linux and restarting make it visible among the Primary Servers if I follow the documentation above? Or does anything else have to be changed on the database Server itself to reflect the IP address change?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Akeaveney,

hmm... I bet it's not officially supported, but then neither's 10.x 😉

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.