bbilut Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Clear Cache on ZCM2017

Is there a different way to clear the cache on a ZCM 2017 client? My desktop has been upgraded along the way from ZCM 11 and now running ZCM 2017 SP2. It was seeming like I was not getting any bundles and when I tried to manual force them to run I was always getting cache errors.

The normal way I always cleared the cache on ZCM 11 did not seem to help my computer

rmdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\novell\zenworks\cache\zmd" /q /s
zac cc
zac ref

I ended up having to do a full uninstall / install and now I can get bundles again. It seems we have quite a few machines having this same problem, and I was curious if this cache clearing procedure changed in 2017.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
marcohald Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Clear Cache on ZCM2017

I also have a Problem with Clearing Cache. I get ab error sometimes when I try to launch a new bundle version.
At the moment i do not have the exact Error message but it is Something with App launch Exception.
As Workaround i unregistered the device (zac unr) and add it again with new GUID (zac reg -g).
Dont know if this is the same Problem but it should be faster than uninstall and install.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Clear Cache method has not changed...more likely some registration issue.....Marc's tip may help.....
0 Likes
bbilut Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I'll try that next time I come across one. Thanks for the tip!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.