jrhodes1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Client problem

Hi

We are having problem with our Zenworks clients we recently moved our Zenworks database from our old SQL server to our new SQL server however now our Zenworks client icons never turn blue they just stay grey. The client appears to be logged in and does seem to be working, the only things I can see that might be causing an issue is there is nothing in Registration Keys box and I cannot remember if it should be empty or not (please see image), as far as I can tell everything seems to be working has anyone got any ideas?

Here are the instructions we used to move the database

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_sys_db_mgmt/data/bfxsr87.html

I am not sure if this is part of the problem but when we go to diagnostics all the probes are showing as “NOT Available” and the “ZENworks Primary Serves” status says server not reachable.

Thanks in advance,

John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client problem

Do you have more than one Primary Server?

Can you logon to the ZCC on every Primary Server?

If so....I don't think any issues on the client side are related to the DB Move.  A ZCC logon is only possible if the Primary can talk to the database properly.  Agents do not talk to the database directly, but rather to the Primary, which talks to the database. 

If you cannot logon to the ZCC for one of the serves, make sure you updated the database connection for that server. 

In regards to the agents, try creating a new bundle...assigning it to one of the agents where the icon is grey, refreshing the agent via the ZENworks icon.  Does it appear?  If so...the agent is a good sign.  If not, then the agent may be operating in Cached/Disconnected mode.  This is intended for use when offline or a server outage.  Most of the time, users are not even aware they are unable to contact the server.

A failure to refresh and see the new bundle is not likely related to the DB move so long as the ZCC is working. 

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi

We only have 1 server which is the primary, we can login to the server fine I have created a new bundle and deployed it to my machine (which is displaying the problem) refreshed the bundle works fine, however the icon remains grey.

I have just noticed in that Devices > Servers there are 2 servers listed one which is the name of our server and the over is the name of the server with a long random string of numbers and letters at the back of it (see image) the date on the last one corresponds to around the date when we moved our server from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi

Has anyone got any ideas about this? Any help would be very much apriciated.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi I think I may have found the problem but I am not sure on how to fix this, for some reason I cannot explain why when I checked the “System Updates” tab it was trying to install Zenworks 2017 Update 3 yet we upgraded to Update 4 at least 2 or 3 months ago. So I am thinking that the client is greyed out because they are on a higher version then is trying to be pushed out to them.

Has anyone got any ideas how this could have happened? and how I can fix it?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.