francis77 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Closest Servers for Roles issue

Hi,

I am missing the Content and Collection roles in the "Closest Server for Roles" section on the agent. Can confirm that the checkbox for both "Content" and "Collection" were selected in the Configuration of the satellite server. Please advise possible resolutions to get this back, thanks again
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Closest Servers for Roles issue

This is nothing to do with settings on the Agent.
This has to do with your location rules.

Verify on the Agent Side that the device is in the 'ZCM Location' you expect.

Review and update your location rules so the device is placed into the correct location if it was not.
Ensure the devices location has both a Content and Collection server defined.

This has nothing to do with any configuration on the Satellite Server.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Craig,

The location state is 'Unknown" and I am unable to register or unregister the agent. At the moment am running a zac cvc and awaiting to see if that will help. Please advise if anything else needs to be done, thanks
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is there a "Configuration" server in the list when you run "zac zc -l" ...That is an "L".
Which Defined Location did you expect the device to fall into? What servers are configured for that location?
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

When I do "zac zc -l" it shows only the "Configuration" role and "Authentication" role with the Primary server set as the main point of contact.

The server is set as a satellite server and is not showing the "Content" and "Collection" roles even though I have checked to ensure that the roles have been checked under the "Configuration" settings
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.