mrjohndoe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Company will build up cmdb - which connectors I can use?

Hello,

my company wants to build a cmdb using either OTRS or i-doit. With this in mind I have to look at ways to deliver data like MAC-Adress and inventorydata to the cmdb and on the other side can maybe get informations like the room or the designated user and inventory number to the zen server.

So can you give me tipps or a documentation where I can find connectors which are supported by ZENWorks? Has someone experience with this kind of interconnection?

Regards
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Company will build up cmdb - which connectors I can use?

I work with Visio to build database schema diagrams for the ZENworks database. I have the ZCM database running on an MS SQL server and Visio offers a database driver that works perfectly for me. I would expect there is something similar with the tools you mention; all you really need is an account on the database server that will give you a minimum of read-only access.

If you or the vendor have any questions regarding where to go after data in the schema, drop me an email outside of the forum and I'll try to provide some guidance and/or schema diagrams.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
mrjohndoe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BMcDowell;2433489 wrote:
I work with Visio to build database schema diagrams for the ZENworks database. I have the ZCM database running on an MS SQL server and Visio offers a database driver that works perfectly for me. I would expect there is something similar with the tools you mention; all you really need is an account on the database server that will give you a minimum of read-only access.

If you or the vendor have any questions regarding where to go after data in the schema, drop me an email outside of the forum and I'll try to provide some guidance and/or schema diagrams.

Thank you. Is there also a way to import Data to the ZEN-data itself? I mean things like the location (room) or inventory number which are shown on the dashboard of zen?

Regards
0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The general recommendation is to pull data out of ZENworks and not push data back into ZENworks from external sources; while it is possible, one must be very careful to not step on data being generated by ZENworks and corrupt the database. ZENworks does provide facilities for importing data into ZENworks from a) registry keys and environment variables through the use of the Collection Data Form and b) Active Directory and eDirectory by way of LDAP import tasks. Both methods are well covered in the product documentation, but I'm happy to lend a hand if you have questions.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.