wtbt Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Corporate bundle WiFi settings fail

Hello!

Trying to distribute WiFi settings to Android tablets by using a "Corporate bundle". WiFi is eduroam with WPA2 Enterprise with PEAP and MSCHAPv2 security (username + password). The bundle fails on installing the trust certificate on the device. However, installing the same certificate using the eduroam CAT app works fine.
As I recall this kind of bundle does not work on iOS either, but on iOS it is possible to use Apple Configurator 2 to create a profile to distribute with a bundle and that works fine.

Is there something about this kind of bundle that has to be done before it works?

/Bengt
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
palathingalf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Corporate bundle WiFi settings fail

Hi Bengt,

We have tried to reproduce the issue in house. We have created a corporate ios bundle with the settings you described in mail.
However we could not reproduce the bundle failure in house. We would like to get some more details from your side.

Can you export the ios corporate bundle and share with us?

(Select the bundle and do the action "export bundle". This allows to export the bundle and it gets saved locally. Please share that file .)

Thanks
Fijo.
0 Likes
wtbt Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for reply!

Here's a link to the exported bundle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NaYXHvd12k_o230kGLMSPPmW2lXtD05d/view?usp=sharing

The bundle is mainly intended for Android devices as there is no other method (known to me) to apply WiFi settings to them. I think I tried this one on iOS also and that it didn't work there either, but I'm not sure about that. This is about Android (work-managed).

/Bengt
0 Likes
palathingalf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Bengt,

We are unable to download the bundle from the google drive shared link . Please give the permission to olympus1.novell@gmail.com or "fijojosep@gmail.com"

Thanks
Fijo
0 Likes
wtbt Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi!

Sorry about that. Now the exported bundle should be world readable.

Kind regards
Bengt
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Sorry for delay. We checked and found that the issue is particular to how Android expects all the certificates in whole certificate chain to be part of the certificate, while the certificate being passed in the bundle doesn't has all the certificates.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.