jchipman
New Member.
2027 views

Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sleep

ZCM 11.3 running on Windows 2008R2 64 bit (obviously)
One zone, two servers, only one serving content
Agents on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit.

System goes to sleep based on their power settings (managed by the user), after the systems resumes from sleep, I'll see many bundles spew the following error "Could not add bundle <GUID> to session"

Events always go in this order:

11/4/2014 2:47:06 PM
The system has resumed from sleep.

Sleep Time: ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎04T21:39:41.176631800Z
Wake Time: ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎04T22:47:04.242408300Z

Wake Source: Device -USB Root Hub

11/4/2014 2:47:53 PM
Category: BundleManager
BUNDLE.CouldNotAddBundle: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session

This has been happening for as long as I can remember (all the way back to 10.x). The number of errors isn't consistent on all systems, but I do see that it's about everything that is in the Zenworks\Cache folder. When I see this many errors, I can usually guarantee that the system came out of sleep and just "threw up" all of these errors

Anyone have any advise?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sleep

Perhaps disable the NIC from sleeping.

I have not seen this, but a guess would be the Network is not yet ready
when the agent tries do stuff.


On 11/4/2014 6:46 PM, jchipman wrote:
>
> ZCM 11.3 running on Windows 2008R2 64 bit (obviously)
> One zone, two servers, only one serving content
> Agents on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit.
>
> System goes to sleep based on their power settings (managed by the
> user), after the systems resumes from sleep, I'll see many bundles spew
> the following error "*Could not add bundle <GUID> to session*"
>
> Events always go in this order:
>
> 11/4/2014 2:47:06 PM
> The system has resumed from sleep.
>
> Sleep Time:
> ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎04T21:39:41.176631800Z
> Wake Time:
> ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎04T22:47:04.242408300Z
>
> Wake Source: Device -USB Root Hub
>
> 11/4/2014 2:47:53 PM
> Category: BundleManager
> BUNDLE.CouldNotAddBundle: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session
>
> This has been happening for as long as I can remember (all the way back
> to 10.x). The number of errors isn't consistent on all systems, but I do
> see that it's about everything that is in the Zenworks\Cache folder.
> When I see this many errors, I can usually guarantee that the system
> came out of sleep and just "threw up" all of these errors
>
> Anyone have any advise?
>
>



--
Going to Brainshare 2014?
http://www.brainshare.com
Use Registration Code "nvlcwilson" for $300 off!


Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
jchipman
New Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sle

Basically I'd agree and that is seen in the Windows and Applications system log. Although it does appear that the network connection has been re-established by the time ZCM agent begins spewing errors

System Log:
11/4/2014 3:38:24 PM The system is entering sleep. Sleep Reason: System Idle
11/5/2014 6:17:54 AM The system time has changed to ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎05T14:17:54.500000000Z from ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎05T05:38:50.776642800Z.
11/5/2014 6:18:02 AM Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected.
11/5/2014 6:18:06 AM Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex.
11/5/2014 6:18:10 AM The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the running state.
11/5/2014 6:18:16 AM The system has resumed from sleep.

Application Log:
11/5/2014 6:20:40 AM Category: BundleManager BUNDLE.CouldNotAddBundle: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session

.... and then a lot more of the same message :mad:


When you disable the nic from sleeping as configured in the Power Management tab of the network card (uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), the effect it has is to not allow wake up at all from sleep or hibernation, which I'm attempting to do as well. Seems like you cannot have both. Wakeups will happen from a powered off state, but NOT from a hibernation or sleeping state.

If I allow the nic to be powered down by the OS (check Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power or set PNPCapabilities = 256 in the registry for the associated network interface), then wakeups are allowed in all scenarios but I see way too many errors I'd prefer that I did not see.

Doesn't anyone else see this pattern? Like I said, I've seen this for a long time
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sleep

I will let others chime in.
I don't recall others reporting this, but that does not mean much.
In regards to the NIC and SLEEP, it was just a wild stab.

On 11/5/2014 4:26 PM, jchipman wrote:
>
> Basically I'd agree and that is seen in the Windows and Applications
> system log. Although it does appear that the network connection has been
> re-established by the time ZCM agent begins spewing errors
>
> System Log:
> *11/4/2014 3:38:24 PM* The system is entering sleep. Sleep Reason:
> System Idle
> *11/5/2014 6:17:54 AM* The system time has changed to
> ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎05T14:17:54.500000000Z from
> ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎05T05:38:50.776642800Z.
> *11/5/2014 6:18:02 AM* Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
> Network link is disconnected.
> *11/5/2014 6:18:06 AM* Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
> Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex.
> *11/5/2014 6:18:10 AM* The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the
> running state.
> *11/5/2014 6:18:16 AM* The system has resumed from sleep.
>
> Application Log:
> *11/5/2014 6:20:40 AM* Category: BundleManager BUNDLE.CouldNotAddBundle:
> Could not add bundle <GUID> to session
>
> .... and then a lot more of the same message :mad:
>
>
> When you disable the nic from sleeping as configured in the Power
> Management tab of the network card (uncheck Allow the computer to turn
> off this device to save power), the effect it has is to not allow wake
> up at all from sleep or hibernation, which I'm attempting to do as well.
> Seems like you cannot have both. Wakeups will happen from a powered off
> state, but NOT from a hibernation or sleeping state.
>
> If I allow the nic to be powered down by the OS (check Allow the
> computer to turn off this device to save power or set PNPCapabilities =
> 256 in the registry for the associated network interface), then wakeups
> are allowed in all scenarios but I see way too many errors I'd prefer
> that I did not see.
>
> Doesn't anyone else see this pattern? Like I said, I've seen this for a
> long time
>
>



--
Going to Brainshare 2014?
http://www.brainshare.com
Use Registration Code "nvlcwilson" for $300 off!


Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
jchipman
New Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sle

Appreciate you taking the time, have seen plenty of solutions coming from you so it means a lot to me that you would "take a stab" at it.

Just not sure that anyone else has made the correlation between systems coming out of sleep and basically throwing up all these messages.

The ZCM agent appears to work well other than this.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sleep

Since it appears to be something you can reproduce, it would not hurt to
try and SR. They may be able to resolve it in code.

On 11/5/2014 7:26 PM, jchipman wrote:
>
> Appreciate you taking the time, have seen plenty of solutions coming
> from you so it means a lot to me that you would "take a stab" at it.
>
> Just not sure that anyone else has made the correlation between systems
> coming out of sleep and basically throwing up all these messages.
>
> The ZCM agent appears to work well other than this.
>
>



--
Going to Brainshare 2014?
http://www.brainshare.com
Use Registration Code "nvlcwilson" for $300 off!


Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
jchipman
New Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sle

Done, Service Request: 10923704371
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sleep

Thanks.

I will also track the SR to see how things go.

On 11/6/2014 5:56 PM, jchipman wrote:
>
> Done, Service Request: 10923704371
>
>



--
Going to Brainshare 2014?
http://www.brainshare.com
Use Registration Code "nvlcwilson" for $300 off!


Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
jchipman
New Member.

Re: Could not add bundle <GUID> to session coming out of sle

Looks like 11.3 agent upgrade is resolving this. We have ~1300 Windows 7 SP1 clients, very few 64 bit. Most of my issues regarding the subject are 11.2.3 or 11.1
After performing the upgrade on 100 systems, I'm failing to see any returns of the problem, so maybe why nobody else is chiming in, other than Craig.

I just emailed the engineer working on the SR and told them to close with "Resolved with 11.3 agent"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.