dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DLU Not working

Must be missing something here....

Windows XP sp2 workstation, running 4.91sp5 IR1 client with post IR1 patches. I created a dlu policy for volatile users and associated it to a user folder in zcm11. When I log in as user A, the zen agent shows the policy applied, but when I log off and log in as user B, user A's profile still exists, untouched. It's not partially deleted with left over reg files like I used to get in Zen 7 sometimes, the policy is not working at all.

An y assistance is appreciated.

Dan
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
10 Replies
donasutton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DLU Not working

dlietz;2072856 wrote:
Must be missing something here....

Windows XP sp2 workstation, running 4.91sp5 IR1 client with post IR1 patches. I created a dlu policy for volatile users and associated it to a user folder in zcm11. When I log in as user A, the zen agent shows the policy applied, but when I log off and log in as user B, user A's profile still exists, untouched. It's not partially deleted with left over reg files like I used to get in Zen 7 sometimes, the policy is not working at all.

An y assistance is appreciated.

Dan

I read somewhere that according to Microsoft the DLU is not "deleted" until reboot. I have confirmed this. I was seeing the same exact thing you were. User folders left in their old place. But when I reboot, they're all gone.

I have 2 vb scripts which run locally when the machine reboots if you'd like to give them a try I can post them. They're not perfect but they do clear things out of lusrmgr.msc and c:\documents and settings\...

Don
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

dlietz;2073113 wrote:
That would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, here's some bad news.. Check out TID: 7007587
ZCM 11 DLU Fails... "Reported to Engineering"

My VBScripts will fix this though... coming up next

Don
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Interesting...

Thanks.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Ok VB Script 1

This cleans all the users out of LUSRMGR.MSC EXCEPT Admin and a couple others you can manually specify..

ComputerName = "%computer_name%"
set oFS = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set S=oFS.OpenTextFile("c:\log.txt",8,true)
Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
strComputer = objNetwork.ComputerName
Set colAccounts = GetObject("WinNT://" & strComputer & "")
colAccounts.Filter = Array("user")
For Each objUser In colAccounts
If objUser.Name = "Administrator" OR objUser.Name = "WMUS_computername" OR objUser.Name = "ASPNET" OR objUser.Name = "Guest" OR objUser.Name = "IUSR_" & ComputerName OR objUser.Name = "IWAM_" & ComputerName Then
S.WriteLine(objUser.Name)
Else
S.WriteLine(objUser.Name) & "---- deleted"
colAccounts.Delete "user", objUser.Name
End If
Next

Don
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just checked, and not only are the profile dirs being deleted, but neither are the actual local user accounts. So I have something more basic configured incorrectly. The policy is definitely being recognized by the zcm11 agent running on the workstation and the update time and date is current.

Settings for the policy:
System requirement set to windows xp or higher.
User Configuration set to:
'Use user source credentials'
'Manage existing user account (if any)'
'Volatile user' (cache not enabled)
User is member of local administrators group

Nothing else is configured. The policy is associated to a user folder that contains two users I'm testing with.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dan
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Here's the folder deleteor

Const LocalDocumentsFolder = "C:\Documents and Settings\"

set objFSO = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(localdocumentsfolder)

on error resume next

for each fldr in objFolder.SubFolders
if not isexception(fldr.name) then
objFSO.DeleteFolder fldr.path, True
end if
next

Function isException(byval foldername)
select case foldername
case "All Users"
isException = True
case "Default User"
isException = True
case "LocalService"
isException = True
case "NetworkService"
isException = True
case "Administrator"
isException = True
case Else
isException = False
End Select
End Function

Don
0 Likes
Absent Member.

As you can see you can customize them both. I strongly suggest you test them before throwing them out there.

Assigning these to the workstations to run after a reboot will always clear the user accounts out. This works 100% of the time for me. Logoff is 95 % of the time, but I tell my machines to reboot every night @ 9PM to get 100%

Don
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Don,

Really appreciate it.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Any time!

🙂

Don
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.