Highlighted
jmriera Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DNS Remote Management not working after upgrade to ZCM 11.2

Hi,

We upgraded a ZCM 10.3 environment to 11.2 and now the remote control using DNS isn't working like before.

In ZCM 10.3 we could connect perfectly to machines via DNS but since this upgrade this remote control connection isn't working at all.

Using IP Address works fine.

I've read this Support | Cannot remote control using DNS after upgrading to ZCM 11.2 , do you know if Engineering has solved this?

We couldn't patch any server for now, because we still have a lot of machines using ZCM Agent 10.3 and I think before applying patches is a best practice to upgrade all the servers and machines to 11.2.

Did anyone find a solution?

Thank you!

Regards

Josep M. Riera
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: DNS Remote Management not working after upgrade to ZCM 1

jmriera;2236934 wrote:
Hi,

We upgraded a ZCM 10.3 environment to 11.2 and now the remote control using DNS isn't working like before.

In ZCM 10.3 we could connect perfectly to machines via DNS but since this upgrade this remote control connection isn't working at all.

Using IP Address works fine.

I've read this Support | Cannot remote control using DNS after upgrading to ZCM 11.2 , do you know if Engineering has solved this?

We couldn't patch any server for now, because we still have a lot of machines using ZCM Agent 10.3 and I think before applying patches is a best practice to upgrade all the servers and machines to 11.2.

Did anyone find a solution?

Thank you!

Regards

Josep M. Riera

That bug should be fixed in 11.2.2.

Thomas
0 Likes
jmriera Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you, I read something in the bug fixes list in 11.2.2.

I'm not sure about this: "We couldn't patch any server for now, because we still have a lot of machines using ZCM Agent 10.3 and I think before applying patches is a best practice to upgrade all the servers and machines to 11.2."

Could you confirm me?

Thank you

Regards
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jmriera;2237034 wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thank you, I read something in the bug fixes list in 11.2.2.

I'm not sure about this: "We couldn't patch any server for now, because we still have a lot of machines using ZCM Agent 10.3 and I think before applying patches is a best practice to upgrade all the servers and machines to 11.2."

Could you confirm me?

Thank you

Regards

To my understanding of the support matrix a 11.2.2 primary should be able to support 10.3 managed devices... Update for ZENworks 11 SP2 (11.2.2)
But you should always update all primary server to the same level before you deploy the update to your satellites.. first after that you should deploy the update to managed devices.

Thomas
0 Likes
jmriera Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok Thomas, Thank you!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.