Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Encryption on ALL drives

Hi,

I like to know why i cannot put Data Encryption on ONLY a D:folder path. Why is this folder automatic created on ALL drives? A "user" save-harbor can be put on one specific disk, so why not a "default" one?

Thanks

Herman

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
bbeachem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Encryption on ALL drives

This is a feature enhancement request we have on our roadmap. The initial request from Administrators was to specify the folder and we would add it to all the drives. User safe harbor is a specific volume browse option, so that is why the drive volume is part of the safe harbor.

The policy define safe harbor is just a folder name (no volume ID is specified).
0 Likes
Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bbeachem;2203148 wrote:
This is a feature enhancement request we have on our roadmap. The initial request from Administrators was to specify the folder and we would add it to all the drives. User safe harbor is a specific volume browse option, so that is why the drive volume is part of the safe harbor.

The policy define safe harbor is just a folder name (no volume ID is specified).

Thanks,

I'am waiting for the enhancement.

Herman

0 Likes
bbeachem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So are you saying you cannot or don't want to deploy until this is changed? I'd like to understand what the "down side" or negative is for having the safe harbors on all fixed volumes from your perspective. I can add this to the enhancement request.
0 Likes
Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No,

i will not wait, i'm looking forward for that enhancement. I'ts just for the users. I have done a test to encrypt the iFolder folder, the problem was that this folder is created on a 😧 partition and after apply the Data-encryption the users see also a iFolder folder on the C: drive and think that this is a normal replicated iFolder.
You see the confusion?

Herman

0 Likes
bbeachem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great info. Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.