FishEggStew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Default folder for ALL applications

I would like ALL of my distributed applications to start in (for example) the /ZENWorks/ folder in the Application Launcher, with all other folders/apps under that. Basically I want ZENWorks to be the root folder in the window and all other folders/apps under that regardless of where the application is assigned or stored (as in subfolders under the Bundles folder).

Is there any way to force all applications this way? I have been typing the full path (/ZENWorks/Folder1/app) into each application's Folder Path setting and this has worked, but I am looking for something easier/more dynamic than typing /ZENWorks/ for every application.

I found the Default Folder setting in Configuration->ZENworks Explorer Configuration, but it doesn't appear to work in the way I want it to. With /ZENworks/ in the Default folder setting and an application's Folder Path set to "Folder1/app", I would like the application's icon to show in the /ZENWorks/Folder1/app folder instead of the bundle's subfolder/Folder1/app. The application bundle is in "/Bundles/subfolder".

Example: An application bundle is in "Bundles->subfolder"; its ZENworks Explorer Folder path is set to "Folder1/app" (no leading slash). The application shows up in "subfolder/Folder1/app" and I want it to show in "ZENWorks/Folder1/app". If I set the application's ZENworks Explorer Folder path to "/ZENWorks/Folder1/app", it shows up where I want it to.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Aubrey

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
djbrightman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Default folder for ALL applications

I'm not totally sure, but I believe you could do this by organising your ZCM Bundles structure and specifying nothing in the ZENworks Explorer Folder Path
i.e. Have ZENworks as the only folder under Bundles, then have the other required folders and apps beneath that.
e.g.
ZENworks
+Adobe
| +Reader XI
+-Microsoft
| +Office
| | +Word
| | +Excel

I'd be interested to hear if this works for you!
Cheers
David
0 Likes
FishEggStew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Default folder for ALL applications

I haven't been able to try it yet, but it seems reasonable. The only issue would be an application that is the same for multiple sites, but ran from different locations (servers). That could be fixed by having a location designator in the bundle name while the application name is the same for the different copies.

An example could be the Office setup.exe. It resides on three different servers and which server you have access to depends on who you log in as. The bundles could be named "Office Setup 1", 2 and 3 but the application name could just be Office Setup.

Yep, I think that would work. Thanks, David.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.