mdemel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dektop Bundle Icons

We recently updated to ZCM 17.3a from 17.2 and I've noticed that the "Zenworks Agent" icon is no longer on the desktop or in "Windows Explorer". We have our users desktops redirected to their home directory, this icon not working has caused the bundles assigned to the desktop to not show up. The fix for folder redirect under the TIDs 7007656 7000146 7011389 were in place "HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\NAL\SetIconOnDesktop with the value of 1" before the update and was working fine.
The workstations were updated via system update in ZCM. The strange thing is I have a test VM that was also updated the same way but the "Zenworks Agent" icon is there.
I've checked the the registry location for the SetIconOnDesktop on both the one working and several non working workstations and they have the correct registry setting. I've even logged in as an administrator and the icon never shows up. The only thing I can think of, and I'm just shooting in the dark, is ZCM agent is ignoring the registry setting for some weird reason of there might be a DLL file that did not register during the update\install?

I've noticed there is another update "17.4" but there is no reference to the issue I am having, unless its related to another issue.
Is there something I'm missing, look for or will the 17.4 resolve this issue.

Michael
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Dektop Bundle Icons

AFAIK, This has not been reported as an issue for ZCM 17.3
Do you still have devices on 17.2.x?
If so, I would recommend requesting the 17.2 Patch for Bug#1061968 to see if it "causes" your issue.
The only reason I raise that bug because it fixes an issue with desktop icons appearing and is implemented in update 3.

But best bet is to open an SR for analysis since this is not a known issue.

mdemel;2494200 wrote:
We recently updated to ZCM 17.3a from 17.2 and I've noticed that the "Zenworks Agent" icon is no longer on the desktop or in "Windows Explorer". We have our users desktops redirected to their home directory, this icon not working has caused the bundles assigned to the desktop to not show up. The fix for folder redirect under the TIDs 7007656 7000146 7011389 were in place "HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\NAL\SetIconOnDesktop with the value of 1" before the update and was working fine.
The workstations were updated via system update in ZCM. The strange thing is I have a test VM that was also updated the same way but the "Zenworks Agent" icon is there.
I've checked the the registry location for the SetIconOnDesktop on both the one working and several non working workstations and they have the correct registry setting. I've even logged in as an administrator and the icon never shows up. The only thing I can think of, and I'm just shooting in the dark, is ZCM agent is ignoring the registry setting for some weird reason of there might be a DLL file that did not register during the update\install?

I've noticed there is another update "17.4" but there is no reference to the issue I am having, unless its related to another issue.
Is there something I'm missing, look for or will the 17.4 resolve this issue.

Michael
0 Likes
mdemel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Dektop Bundle Icons

Unfortunately I don't have any physical workstations that have 17.2 currently on them. Whats strange is I looked at another VM and the icon is there and works just fine, it was also upgraded from 17.2 to 17.3a. So it seems just the physical machines are the only ones impacted. :confused: Both VMs were imaged from the same base (Win 7 x64) that's used on the the physical hardware. I'm going to go ahead and open an SR.

Thanks for the help Craig.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.