farmers_LSD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Desktop shutdowns and prompts to process bundle after startu

Original thread:
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/505638-Workstation-Shutdown-Consistency

I'm getting more reports of this happening and I went to a few machines myself and got this prompt. I double-checked to make sure HonorTESSFireSchedule was set to TRUE, and it was. I read it's the default now in Update 3 or 4, anyway.

The worst part is that I'm told they don't even get the windows to select YES or NO. It just shuts down on them with no warning.

I'm not sure if the machines were off or asleep when this happens. I didn't pay attention this morning, but I don't remember a flashing sleep light, but I did get the popup on one of the machines she has been having issues with.

Fast Boot is also disabled through registry key.

I just tried setting an end time to see if that helps, according to https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023169, even though we're on Update 4.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Desktop shutdowns and prompts to process bundle after st

The Original issue was that if a bundle was flagges as "Run Past Due=False", it would run anyway.
That is fixed with the items you noted.

Most likely, you have one or more bundles where this value is "True" causing whatever was scheduled to run previously kick off as soon as the device started up or woke up...
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

CRAIGDWILSON;2498905 wrote:
The Original issue was that if a bundle was flagges as "Run Past Due=False", it would run anyway.
That is fixed with the items you noted.

Most likely, you have one or more bundles where this value is "True" causing whatever was scheduled to run previously kick off as soon as the device started up or woke up...

Where is the "Run Past Due" setting at?

I have "Process immediately if device unable to execute on schedule" unchecked.

Distribution Schedule
https://i.imgur.com/UQRDohs.png
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Same Setting......Are you sure it's not another bundle doing it where that is not checked?
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

CRAIGDWILSON;2498912 wrote:
Same Setting......Are you sure it's not another bundle doing it where that is not checked?

I have four "shutdown" bundles. Two for user logged in and two for users logged out. One user logged in and out at 4:30pm, and another set for 8:00pm. None of them have that setting checked. All are un-checked.

It's one of those bundles that is the issue, though, but they get prompted to either hit Yes to shutdown, or No to keep working.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Is there a way to find other bundles that have that checked? I don't remember ever using it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.