Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Cervantes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Device associated bundles not working

We're encountering intermittent issues here with some devices not seeing any inherited device bundles - under the Relationships tab for the device, it shows the Deployment Status as 'Unknown'. When the bundle is user-assigned, it seems to work fine. Any bundles that are assigned to both user and device show up as Pending. I've tried uninstalling the Zenworks client and re-installing, re-registering with a different GUID and assigning the bundle directly to the device, none of which seems to make a difference.

These are bundles that have been assigned to devices correctly in the past - the issue seems to be with the latest version of the agent (11.4.2). Server is running 11.4.2 on Windows 2008 R2. Where should I start in trying to troubleshoot this issue?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Device associated bundles not working

I'm not even clear on the issue.......

#1 - Do the Bundles Work? If you sit down at the device and run the bundle, does it work? Does it even show up? Are all or some bundles impacted?

#2 - Or is this a matter of the Status you see in the ZCC for the Device?
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Cervantes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2441560 wrote:
I'm not even clear on the issue.......

#1 - Do the Bundles Work? If you sit down at the device and run the bundle, does it work? Does it even show up? Are all or some bundles impacted?

#2 - Or is this a matter of the Status you see in the ZCC for the Device?

Craig,

1. Yes, the bundles work - but they only show up if associated with the user. If the bundle is only associated with the device, it does not appear in the Zenworks Application Windows, nor does it appear in the Bundles section of the client properties.

2. For device associated bundles, the status as it appears in ZCC for the device is 'Unknown' - this is after even refreshing the device and running 'zac sts rollup'.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Cervantes;2441660 wrote:
Craig,

1. Yes, the bundles work - but they only show up if associated with the user. If the bundle is only associated with the device, it does not appear in the Zenworks Application Windows, nor does it appear in the Bundles section of the client properties.

2. For device associated bundles, the status as it appears in ZCC for the device is 'Unknown' - this is after even refreshing the device and running 'zac sts rollup'.

I've never heard of this before.
Perhaps try bouncing your server, but other than that an SR may be necessary to find a cause.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.