NovAlf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Device hang on

Hi!
Hope not connected to ZCM, but ... . Only major thing I recently changed on device is ZCM (upgraded agent to 11.2.3). So, 11.2.3. Windows XP.
Yesterday we logged in on device with local account. Then logout and then tried to login with domain account and ... device hang on. NAL window did appear ok, but nothing after that - only power button did help out. Today same story on same device. Also, on another device with 11.2.3 agent I logged in with local account, then out again and in again and then it hang on during logout -- Windows XP saving settings and ZENworks logout policies windows appear and ... ping was ok, remote agent did work, ZCM in green ... but on file level ... no access anymore (no access to admin-share), no options to proceed behind desktop (even mouse does work and can move windows).
Does it ring a bell ... ?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Device hang on

NovAlf,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi!
Ok, could be a coincident or something. But I have also one laptop on which after installing 11.2.2 (not 11.2.3!, also only major change) some odd hang-on start to happen. When this laptop is idle for some 25/30 minutes it does hang. It "answering" for ping, but no service seems to be accessible and only powering off/on does help further. It does not matter is user logged in or it is on CAD screen. Latest BIOS (for this computer), display drivers, tried removing batteries. It does not happen in safe mode, though. Sure, it could be something else, not ZCM, but here is good to start and maybe this ring some bells! 😃
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi again!
Yesterday installed on laptop in question 11.2.3 over 11.2.2 and after initial restart after upgrade and second which did apply some file from Config.Msi dir which wasn't applied after first restart (don't know why) same laptop was wo hanging on during idle ... from appr 7.20 PM till 7.20 AM. Strange isn't it! And after that again ~ 30 minutes idle and hanging.
Alar.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Interesting, indeed. I did disable power policy (setup via ZCC) for laptops and refreshed device in question and ... guess what ... it hang on after appr 15 minutes being idle and this time completely, I mean, so far during this hanging it answered on ping and cursor on screen was moving, but this time ... nothing such.
And - I asked user - all this start to happen after installing ZCM 11 on this device.
Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.