anthonywhill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disabling ZENworks Agent

Hi All,

What is the best way to disable ZENworks from running on a Windows Client Device?

I had tried to uninstall ZENworks agent on a couple of computers, and each time the uninstall blue screens and bricks the computer (then a re-image is needed).
Any ideas?

IMPORTANT
I am looking to pushing out GPOs / Registry Hacks / etc, to render the ZENworks Client inactive on the client device.
I have already tried in the registry:

• Delete ZenNotifyIcon
  • Delete NalView

I have also tried to add two registry hacks to Disable:
SOFTWARE\Novell\ZCM\ZenLgn.
DisablePassiveModeLoginPrompt = REG_DWORD 0x1 (1)
DisablePassiveModeLogin = REG_DWORD 0x1 (1)

What else do I need to remove, disable, etc?

At the end of the day I want to automatically stop ZENworks from functioning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Disabling ZENworks Agent

Opening a Service Request may work best versus publicly publishing methods to try and subvert a management agent.
This is not to presume your need is not valid, but there is a whole wide world of readers beyond yourself.
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Hi
What version of ZAA? I've no problem uninstalling since about 11.x.. Your image may have a corrupt ZAA agent install. Try updating your agent and then try to uninstall.
As for turning Zenworks off, not so easy. Can't see a reason why you would want to "disable it."

Cheers
0 Likes
anthonywhill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

We are moving away from ZENworks, and do not have the time to update all computers.
I have had ZENworks during the uninstall process brick some Windows computers, hence why I am trying to disable, and then as we can get to them we will re-image / replace the hardware.

I know there is a ZENworks removal tool, where can I find this?
I am using ZCM 11 and would like the tool for this version, and I can try uninstalling ZENworks clients manually.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

anthonywhill;2432084 wrote:
Hi,

We are moving away from ZENworks, and do not have the time to update all computers.
I have had ZENworks during the uninstall process brick some Windows computers, hence why I am trying to disable, and then as we can get to them we will re-image / replace the hardware.

I know there is a ZENworks removal tool, where can I find this?
I am using ZCM 11 and would like the tool for this version, and I can try uninstalling ZENworks clients manually.

Thanks.

https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=w3eIlukpBk8~

Thomas
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

thsundel;2432092 wrote:
https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=w3eIlukpBk8~

Thomas

While I cannot recall there ever being any BSOD issues on removal of the ZCM agent, assuming there is a correlation, I would assume the cleanup tool would not provide different results than the standard uninstall tool, since both simply call the MSI Uninstall for the various components. The tool simply helps when the standard uninstaller is not functioning for some reason.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.