JMM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1423 views

Discovery Task

Hi,

I've ZCM on W2K3R2 server. I've activate all discovery methods.
My discovery task is configured to search on Ip range X.X.X.1 to X.X.X.254.

When I launch this task, a line per IP @ is shown in the result board. So, I
can see my (almost) 20 PC but there is also 230 empty line which I do not
want to see.

Could you please tell me if this is normal ? Is there a method to
block/filter the display of this line.

On the second hand, after the first discovery, if I start again the task the
day after , zenworks creates another line for each PC. Sometimes I can
detect the OS sometimes not even for the Same PC.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
jaredljennings Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

JMM,

> On the second hand, after the first discovery, if I start again the
> task the
> day after , zenworks creates another line for each PC. Sometimes I can
> detect the OS sometimes not even for the Same PC.


Could you post a screen-shot?

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
JMM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

hello jaredjennings!

here is a screenshot
we can see a wks called rusard that ha been discoverd twice.

thanks


jaredjennings;1409657 wrote:
JMM,

> On the second hand, after the first discovery, if I start again the
> task the
> day after , zenworks creates another line for each PC. Sometimes I can
> detect the OS sometimes not even for the Same PC.


Could you post a screen-shot?

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
Main Page - ZENWorks Wiki
0 Likes
jaredljennings Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

JMM,

> here is a screenshot
> we can see a wks called rusard that ha been discoverd twice.


Interesting. Which version of ZCM?

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
JMM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

The version is 10.0.1, I think this up to date cause I download 3 weeks ago from Novell.



jaredjennings;1411315 wrote:
JMM,

> here is a screenshot
> we can see a wks called rusard that ha been discoverd twice.


Interesting. Which version of ZCM?

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
Main Page - ZENWorks Wiki
0 Likes
jaredljennings Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

JMM,

> The version is 10.0.1, I think this up to date cause I download 3
> weeks ago from Novell.


Sounds like not all of the web files where extracted correctly. I need
to check on my box tonight and see which files you should re-extract
and maybe that will fix the issue.

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
JMM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

On virtual environment for test, I ve the same issue (see attachment). Maybe it's a normalement behavior?




jaredjennings;1412812 wrote:
JMM,

> The version is 10.0.1, I think this up to date cause I download 3
> weeks ago from Novell.


Sounds like not all of the web files where extracted correctly. I need
to check on my box tonight and see which files you should re-extract
and maybe that will fix the issue.

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
Main Page - ZENWorks Wiki
0 Likes
jaredljennings Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery Task

JMM,

> On virtual environment for test, I ve the same issue (see attachment).
> Maybe it's a normalement behavior?


I just found some information on this and the result is that this is
working as Designed. It's because of some complicated discovery issues.
I will see if I can get a TID published outlining the data.

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.