schiess Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Duplicate devices

We have had some issues and we have had to re-register a number of devices in Zenworks. Unfortunately, this created some duplicate devices in the database. They don't show up on the device page in ZCC but they are in the database. Also, some of the devices are getting the GUID appended to their name. Is there a tool or instructions on cleaning up the database and reconciling the devices? I setup the settings in Configuration -> Registration -> Reconcile Settings but it still creates duplicates. I also have the setting to remove devices if they have not communicated in 30 days but it is not removing them from the database. We are using an internal Sybase database so I am just looking for a script or tool to clean up the database and remove all the duplicate devices.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Duplicate devices

Inventory Pruning may clear up details for devices not in the ZCC.
However, Since it is an on-going issue for new devices, I would recommend an SR to help cleanup whatever process is causing the issue.

The most common cause of having the GUID appended is related to imaging and the base image containing the identity of old objects, but there could be others.....
A support engineer could likely help track down why this is happening in your case.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.