gerwil1478
New Member.

Dynamic users group

Looking for a cleaner solution to applying user policies, based on OS.

I have user groups that may be running either XP and Win7.
At the moment I specify a filter for the OS in each individual policy. Each policy is in a policy group say 'Admin Win7 policy group' and applied to the group 'admins'. But so does 'Admin XP policy group'. This means the correct policy gets applied but in the agents "Show Properties/Policies" I get "Non-Effective" messages for policies that get trapped by the filter.

An enhancement request for an equivalent to the 'dynamic workstation group' - 'dynamic user group' perhaps?

cheers
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Dynamic users group

Currently Exists if you use eDir.

However, it would not help since the OS is not an inherent User Attribute.

Your current implementation is the logical way to go.

On 12/5/2010 6:06 PM, GERWIL wrote:
>
> An enhancement request for an equivalent to the 'dynamic workstation
> group' - 'dynamic user group' perhaps?
>
> cheers
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.