esirovy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ERROR: 11 Attempting to perform Certificate Authority Import

I am attempting to follow the instructions in the System Administration Reference entitled:

34.2 Replacing an Existing Primary Server with a New Primary Server

I have completed the backup portion of the process by following the directions. Everything seems to backup fine.

I have shutdown the old primary server, and built out my new server on new hardware, installed ZCM 11 and began restoring. I get to the step where I am to restore the certificate authority by running zman certificate-authority import, and I get the following error:

An internal error occured. Please check the zman log for more information.
ERROR: 11.

The log appears to be several Java related errors. Here is the relavent log info:

[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:25:50 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Command failed (partially or totally)] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:25:50 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Command completed in 33790 ms] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:25:56 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Command: cai c:\zcm_backups\certauth.bak ] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:26:33 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Error:An internal error occurred. Please check the zman log for more information.] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:26:33 PM] [] [CommandRunner] [] [java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:501)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.CommandRunner.execute(CommandRunner.java:88)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.executeRunner(ZMan.java:327)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.main(ZMan.java:511)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManLoader.loadZMan(ZManLoader.java:59)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManLoader.main(ZManLoader.java:143)
Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: element not present{http://novell.com/zenworks/datamodel/services/zoneconfig/soap:hasZENServerRoleResponse}
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionHandler.handleException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:235)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionHandler.handleException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:68)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionHandler.processRemoteException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:444)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.commands.CAHandler.<init>(CAHandler.java:86)
... 13 more
Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: element not present{http://novell.com/zenworks/datamodel/services/zoneconfig/soap:hasZENServerRoleResponse}
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionHandler.createException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:310)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionHandler.makeDataModelException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:298)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: element not present{http://novell.com/zenworks/datamodel/services/zoneconfig/soap:hasZENServerRoleResponse}
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.LiteralEncodingStyle.readObject(LiteralEncodingStyle.java:165)
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.xml.InputStreamImpl.readObject(InputStreamImpl.java:80)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.zoneconfig.soap.ZoneConfigAdminServiceBinding_Stub.hasZENServerRole(ZoneConfigAdminServiceBinding_Stub.java:5204)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.commands.CAHandler.<init>(CAHandler.java:82)
... 13 more

If anyone has any ideas that can help, I'd appreciate it.

We are Currently running the embedded Sybase DB on the server, which is a Win 2008R2 server.

Any help from anyone who may be able to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
esirovy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ERROR: 11 Attempting to perform Certificate Authority Im

UPDATE: Problem Solved.

The documentation has you restore the Zenworks Server (zman zenserver-restore command) first, then the CA Import, then the DB. I restored the DB, then was able to restore the CA. Hopefully, my troubles will benefit someone else down the road.
0 Likes
jzamiska Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ERROR: 11 Attempting to perform Certificate Authority Im

YES, It did! 6 months later, but it helped me. Thank you very much!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.