Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
rbaker_hsl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Easiest way to get from ZCM 10.3.3 to ZCM 11 SP1?

We've been testing ZCM 10 in a SLES 10 environment for about a year and have about 150 PCs and Macs in the ZCM 10 database now. We have been a Zfd7 environment for many years, and I decided not to try to migrate the existing database, but to convert "by attrition". That is we've been using the ZCM 10 server for imaging new machines which have then become the new ZCM 10 inventory, and have created a few application bundles, just to get a feel for it.

We have decided not to pursue the Linux environment, though, and want to switch to a Windows-based ZENworks server. I'd like to just install the ZCM 11 SP1 on a new Windows 2008R2 VM and start from there.

What's the easiest way to get my existing ZCM inventory into the ZCM 11SP1 environment? All the "Migration" documentation seems to be focused on ZfD7, not ZCM 10. Should I just uninstall the ZCM 10.3.3 clients from my existing inventory and then install the ZCM 11 SP1 client, from the new server? Could I actually push the new client out in a ZCM 10 bundle? Or is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks in advance for advice.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Easiest way to get from ZCM 10.3.3 to ZCM 11 SP1?

Rbaker,

you can unreg from the old zone and re-reg to the new zone, but there's
a manual acceptance of the certificate, unless you use certmgr to push
out the cert from the new zone...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Will the New Zone Include the Required System Update to Update the
Existing 10.x Devices? By Default not likely, but perhaps there are
steps to import it to be used? I could look it up, but you may know.

On 8/19/2011 4:08 AM, Shaun Pond wrote:
> Rbaker,
>
> you can unreg from the old zone and re-reg to the new zone, but there's
> a manual acceptance of the certificate, unless you use certmgr to push
> out the cert from the new zone...
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
rbaker_hsl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. Obviously a noob question, and I've lots of reading to do, but this helps me get started. Any other ideas, please toss them my way. Thanks again.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Craig,

I need to update TID 7007958 - "Cannot automatically upgrade ZCM 10
agents registered into fresh ZCM 11 zone" I think

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
magic31
New Member.

craig_wilson;2129992 wrote:
Will the New Zone Include the Required System Update to Update the
Existing 10.x Devices? By Default not likely, but perhaps there are
steps to import it to be used? I could look it up, but you may know.

Just thinking out loud... Would it be a doable option to install a Windows ZCM primary server into the existing Zone, move the database and roles over and remove the SLES primary.
Then as last step upgrade to ZCM 11 SP1?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.