fraunhoferpt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Enforce application on computer?

Hi there,

I'm trying to enforce an application to be installed on all my computers, and would also like to reinstall it if users uninstall it from "Programs and Features".

I have the following questions hat maybe someone can help me with:
- How should I schedule the bundle (currently I'm doing a "Date Specific" with "Process immediately if device unable to execute on schedule")?
- How to detect application was uninstalled outside of Zenworks, and enforce the re-installation?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Enforce application on computer?

Set a Distribution Schedule to run on a Recurring Schedule such as "Refresh" or an Event such as "Logon" or "Device Start".
Set the Bundle to "Install Always".
Set a System Requirement for the Bundle for the Program to Not Exist.

fraunhoferpt;2462197 wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to enforce an application to be installed on all my computers, and would also like to reinstall it if users uninstall it from "Programs and Features".

I have the following questions hat maybe someone can help me with:
- How should I schedule the bundle (currently I'm doing a "Date Specific" with "Process immediately if device unable to execute on schedule")?
- How to detect application was uninstalled outside of Zenworks, and enforce the re-installation?

Thanks.
0 Likes
fraunhoferpt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Enforce application on computer?

CRAIGDWILSON;2462200 wrote:
Set a Distribution Schedule to run on a Recurring Schedule such as "Refresh" or an Event such as "Logon" or "Device Start".
Set the Bundle to "Install Always".
Set a System Requirement for the Bundle for the Program to Not Exist.

That does it.
Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.