MattJones Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Enroling Huawei Tablets

I'm not sure who to ask this question of really and wondered if anyone had any ideas.

We purchased some Huawei MediaPad M5 tablets before their recent problems with the US Government.  When we bought them they were on the Android Enterprise support list but they have since been removed.

We CAN enrol them in ZENworks as a Fully Managed device. It creates the @Android-for-work.gserviceaccount.com managed account in settings but  I cannot get access to the Play Store.

I'm unsure how to find out if this is a problem with the devices or if it's a result of Google revoking Huawei's license and removing them from Android Enterprise. There seems to be no way to contact Google regarding this. I've reached out to the on twitter but there's no guarantee I'll get anything from then. Does anyone have any ideas how I could answer this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Enroling Huawei Tablets

As a follow up to this I've enrolled these to gsuite using their EMM and the Play Store works correctly so it seems to be a ZENworks issue. I assume an SR is the right way to go?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Yes. Please raise an SR for this.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks it's raised under SR 101248112701

For info it is also affecting Huawei Phones

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.